Custom information on order comments

This is crazy.. I'm posting this to prevent someone else wasting several days pulling hairs like i have.

Chronological situation:

1. I need to store extra information when placing order via OrderSend syntax. I have the requirement to store 2 extra info, range of open price & range of TP, ie: TP1 & TP2
  2. Since there is no way to store extra info, i store it via OrderComments (yes I am fully aware that broker can replace this field if the order is cancelled)
  3. At first i am storing JSON string into the comment, ie: Bot #9 [{"op":[9999,9999],"tp":[9999,9999]}], and this commands will be inserted upon receiving telegram message which i parse
  4. Problem is, MT4 resides on a high end server running dietpi debian, that run friggin slow! (I've posted several articles asking metaquotes or people here what was wrong with no replies), starting a test, or closing a chart, or the MT4 itself can take minutes!
  5. OrderSend placed successfully, but after OrderSelect, OrderComments() is always empty!
  6. Tried various workaround on the string, including Bot 9 op:9999-9999 cl:9999-9999, open:9999,9999 close:9999-9999 (removing json format) nothing worked

it took me days of frustration to find out that MT4 comments CAN NOT contain quotes, or more than 2 letters followed by semicolon, or it will be immediately set to empty string.

With this, I also post a question to the community of experts here:

1. Is there a way to properly store extra information with a ticket? like say my requirements to store open price range & TP 2
  2. How do i contact metaquotes service desk? this article https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/628 says theres a "Service Desk" menu on profile, which now doesnt exist
  3. the physical server PC I have is high end, it makes no sense to take minutes to start MT4 or close a chart or do a backtest. While installing via wine, i occasionally see error message like openGL init and ioctl hard disk get volume invalid or something like that. is this the cause of why it takes so long for MT4 to start?

Any advise / feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - Service Desk in each MML5 Community User Profile is a new section for MetaTrader 5, which allows users to report any bugs
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - Service Desk in each MML5 Community User Profile is a new section for MetaTrader 5, which allows users to report any bugs
  • www.mql5.com
In order to improve feedback from metatrader 5 end users, we have implemented service desk section in each mql5 community user profile. Why a new section, if any registered user can write an error message on the forum

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

1. Don't use the Order comments to store important or critical information, because the comment can often be modified or even deleted by the broker.
  2. There is no way to store user information with the order.
  3. Instead build your own local database using the ticket number as the reference and index to your information.
  4. The MetaQuotes service desk handles only financial issue. Everything else should be discussed on the forum.
  5. MetaTrader is a Windows application. Using it in an emulated environment like Wine, will obviously be less efficient and less stable.
Contact Us
Contact Us
  • www.mql5.com
Send your messages and see the history of your requests to the mql5.com support team even if you are not registered on the website.