Question about scripts

In reading the initial documentation for scripts, it appears that they are started by attaching to a specific chart.

I am wondering if it is possible to write a script that acts at a more global level with the ability to open up additional charts,
and set things like the associated time frame, and even perhaps programmatically attach other Expert Advisors to the newly
created chart?

Thank you!

Richard Bagdazian

Richard Bagdazian: In reading the initial documentation for scripts, it appears that they are started by attaching to a specific chart. I am wondering if it is possible to write a script that acts at a more global level with the ability to open up additional charts, and set things like the associated time frame, and even perhaps programmatically attach other Expert Advisors to the newly created chart?
Read about a Service which is similar to a Script but is not attached to any chart — Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Program Running
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Program Running
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Program Running
  • www.mql5.com
Program Running - MQL5 programs - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Fernando Carreiro #:
Read about a Service which is similar to a Script but is not attached to any chart — Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Program Running

Thank you Fernando, that sounds more like what I am looking for.