MT5 strategy tester won't connect to cloud? - page 2

Jake Freeman #: I tried running a simple optimisation, this time the cloud says processing but doesn't do anything, so there is a change but it doesn't do anything. The optimisation is only 130 passes so should be over in no time. It freezes in exactly the same way but it does acknowledge the optimisation on the cloud and begins processing. The disk usage is at a totally stable number.
Then I can add nothing more. I do however, still believe it to be a network communication problem. Given that the individual cloud computers have their IP addresses all over the world, the VPS provider may be blocking out certain protocols or address groups and causing the issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Then I can add nothing more. I do however, still believe it to be a network communication problem. Given that the individual cloud computers have their IP addresses all over the world, the VPS provider may be blocking out certain protocols or address groups and causing the issue.

Thanks Fernando, when I made the post I was hoping I would hear from you and I appreciate your input.

I will contact my VPS provider and ask them if they can do an analysis for me.

Jake Freeman #: Thanks Fernando, when I made the post I was hoping I would hear from you and I appreciate your input. I will contact my VPS provider and ask them if they can do an analysis for me.
You are welcome, but why me in particular? There are many others here helping out and offering advice.

Fernando Carreiro #:
You are welcome, but why me in particular? There are many others here helping out and offering advice.

I just know you have a great level of expertise when it comes to Metatrader and you always seem to be able to find very niche ways to troubleshoot.

I left the simple optimisation running for a while and it did work eventually but it took over half an hour for 136 passes on the cloud. That is obscenely slow so it yields more questions than answers. 😂

Jake Freeman #: I just know you have a great level of expertise when it comes to Metatrader and you always seem to be able to find very niche ways to troubleshoot. I left the simple optimisation running for a while and it did work eventually but it took over half an hour for 136 passes on the cloud. That is obscenely slow so it yields more questions than answers. 😂

If it did finally run but took so long, then I can think of two possible reasons ...

1. The VPS service is not that great and may be oversharing the underlying physical machine between too many virtual PC's. In other words, it's contention ratio is too high and as soon as you try to use too many or much of the shared resources, everything grinds to a halt.
  2. Your code is highly inefficient, either because of some bugs, or because of logic flaws. It may be a good ideia for you to run the profiler on your code to see where possible bottlenecks exist in your code. I can't exactly ask you to show your code in public, but if you do need some advice on it, I don't mind giving you a few hints in private if you come to the conclusion that your code is part of the problem.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If it did finally run but took so long, then I can think of two possible reasons ...

1. The VPS service is not that great and may be oversharing the underlying physical machine between too many virtual PC's. In other words, it's contention ratio is too high and as soon as you try to use too many or much of the shared resources, everything grinds to a halt.
  2. Your code is highly inefficient, either because of some bugs, or because of logic flaws. It may be a good ideia for you to run the profiler on your code to see where possible bottlenecks exist in your code. I can't exactly ask you to show your code in public, but if you do need some advice on it, I don't mind giving you a few hints in private if you come to the conclusion that your code is part of the problem.
I found the issue eventually Fernando.

I have made a grid system and it was repainting with the RSI (the RSI was set to open trades instantly and not on candle close) when it hit a buy zone it would spam trades as the RSI flickered.

You were right, it was badly optimised code. Thank you for your help.

Jake Freeman #: I found the issue eventually Fernando ... You were right, it was badly optimised code. Thank you for your help.

You are welcome!