How can I have as many buffers as I want without creating a separate array for each one?

I created a loop in which I can assign values to each buffer, but since the number of buffers is not known, I cannot create an array for each buffer.
I did a search and saw that there is a method called bufferCreate() that requires opencl technology, but there is no source where I can learn how to work with opencl.

please guide me ...

Mosy D.m: but since the number of buffers is not known, I cannot create an array for each buffer.
The number of buffers and the array names must be known to create them.

Mosy D.m: I created a loop in which I can assign values to each buffer, but since the number of buffers is not known, I cannot create an array for each buffer. I did a search and saw that there is a method called bufferCreate() that requires opencl technology, but there is no source where I can learn how to work with opencl. please guide me ...

Please explain in more detail what you mean by "buffers". Are you referring to Indicator buffers?

If yes, then that has nothing to do with OpenCL. So, please describe your issue in more detail and show relevant code if you require an appropriate answer.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please explain in more detail what you mean by "buffers". Are you referring to Indicator buffers?

If yes, then that has nothing to do with OpenCL. So, please describe your issue in more detail and show relevant code if you require an appropriate answer.

If I want to create a large number of buffers in the indicator, it will slow down the system, and I think it is not wise to define, for example, 50 buffers in an indicator and display them in a chart... but I want there to be another way to store a large number of buffers. Displayed in the chart at the same time?

Mosy D.m #If I want to create a large number of buffers in the indicator, it will slow down the system, and I think it is not wise to define, for example, 50 buffers in an indicator and display them in a chart... but I want there to be another way to store a large number of buffers. Displayed in the chart at the same time?

Indicators can have up to 512 buffers maximum. Buffers can either be for plotting on the chart or for calculations only (not displayed).

The number of buffers used is static and you cannot dynamically increase or decrease them. You can however, dynamically make them appear or disappear on the chart.

What makes indicators become slow, is usually how they are calculated and not so much the number of buffers. If you write efficient code, it will be fast, if not it will be slow.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Indicators can have up to 512 buffers maximum. Buffers can either be for plotting on the chart or for calculations only (not displayed).

The number of buffers used is static and you cannot dynamically increase or decrease them. You can however, dynamically make them appear or disappear on the chart.

What makes indicators become slow, is usually how they are calculated and not so much the number of buffers. If you write efficient code, it will be fast, if not it will be slow.

thank you so much .. 

So in what cases is openCl used ?

Because in the opencl class, we have bufferCreate method .

Mosy D.m #: thank you so much .. So in what cases is openCl used ?Because in the opencl class, we have bufferCreate method .

The OpenCL integration API is for using Open Computing Language for example doing calculations with your graphics card's GPU. It has nothing to do with indicator buffers.

OpenCL - The Open Standard for Parallel Programming of Heterogeneous Systems
OpenCL - The Open Standard for Parallel Programming of Heterogeneous Systems
  • www.khronos.org
The OpenCL 3.0 Finalized Specification was released on September 30th 2020 OpenCL 3.0 realigns the OpenCL roadmap to enable developer-requested functionality to be broadly deployed by hardware vendors, and it significantly increases deployment flexibility by empowering conformant OpenCL implementations to...