30s Timeframe MA Cross EA - how do you pull tick data when you cant choose seconds in the enum_timeframes? - page 2

@joelpouliquen #: As the display is essential for me, I have the impression that the solution with the custom symbol is the most appropriate for my needs. Unless there are other solutions to display graphics with custom TF?

If you require standard Chart display, then Custom Symbol seems the easiest, otherwise you would have to code a custom display processing using a bitmap "canvas" to draw your own charting.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you require standard Chart display, then Custom Symbol seems the easiest, otherwise you would have to code a custom display processing using a bitmap "canvas" to draw your own charting.

I managed to display S15 Timeframe (on the right chart), but although I record the bar every 15 seconds, it seems that MT5 does not allow having less than 1 minute between each bar, even on a custom symbol.

It looks like I'll have to manage "Canvas" if I want to display my S15 timeframewith the correct times

joelpouliquen #: I managed to display S15 Timeframe (on the right chart), but although I record the bar every 15 seconds, it seems that MT5 does not allow having less than 1 minute between each bar, even on a custom symbol. It looks like I'll have to manage "Canvas" if I want to display my S15 timeframewith the correct times

It does allow less than 1 minute in the OHLC data itself, but the "Open Time" property/variable is only accurate to the minute resolution.

Also, a "Canvas" will not update the "Data Window", so you will have to "draw" your own data window in the "canvas".

Fernando Carreiro #:

It does allow less than 1 minute in the OHLC data itself, but the "Open Time" property/variable is only accurate to the minute resolution.

Also, a "Canvas" will not update the "Data Window", so you will have to "draw" your own data window in the "canvas".

Yes, I realized my mistake in the meantime.

Left : the M1 with species of MA
Right : the same thing with S15 .

I'm on the right track, I have all the elements to build my EA now.

Thanks for your help !!

While posting the screenshot, I just noticed a small bug on my red line!