TP & SL Lines Disappeared From Chart

I add TP and SL lines after entering a trade. A couple of days ago, the lines for TP and SL stopped appearing on the chart, and I have been unable to find out if there is something controlling the appearance of those lines - such as color, size, etc. Does anybody have a suggestion how I might restore the appearance of TP and SL lines? I tried downloading a new MT5, which apparently automatically installs over the previously installed version (I see nothing that allows me to install a second (nonduplicative) copy of MT5), but those lines still do not appear. Hard to use invisible TPs and SLs. Thanks.

NassauPrecepts I have been unable to find out if there is something controlling the appearance of those lines - such as color,

Open the options and change the background chart color or them, so you can see them.

Dear NassauPrecepts

Just enquiring! How did you set up the TP and SL lines on your chart. I can't find them on my chart. Can you help, please?

NassauPrecepts
NassauPrecepts
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

John Harding #:

Dear NassauPrecepts

Just enquiring! How did you set up the TP and SL lines on your chart. I can't find them on my chart. Can you help, please?

John Harding: Right click on the trade line in the Toolbox. A dialog box then opens to allow you to set and move your TP and SL lines.

William Roeder #:

Open the options and change the background chart color or them, so you can them.

William Roeder: Thank you for your suggestion. I may be doing this wrong, but I opened up Properties and changed background and foreground options in the Colors tab. No difference regardless of which change I made. In case you were suggesting I use the Options tab in the Tools menu, I saw nothing there that would allow me to make changes in the chart appearance. Have I misunderstood your suggestion? So far, I have been unable to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Problem Solved! Apparently, at some point I inadvertently clicked on "Trade Levels" in the  Properties window. By doing so, it appears that the chart would no longer show either the SL or the TP. I have now clicked Trade Levels again, and the SL and TP lines have reappeared. Sorry for the unnecessary posting. Thanks to the responders.

NassauPrecepts #:
John Harding: Right click on the trade line in the Toolbox. A dialog box then opens to allow you to set and move your TP and SL lines.

Dear NassauPrecepts,

Many thanks for your reply to my enquiry. That ws very helpful.

Best regards

John Harding