Broker moving server from London to NY

Hi,

my broker is moving the server for their feed from London to NY, meaning I will want to move my VPS also. Is there an option to get an extra license for the EAs I run on the old VPS for this scenario, e.g., by providing proof from the broker. 

If not, what is used to determine if the MT4 is still running on the same machine, is that based on IP or something else? My plan B to limit the duplications of license use, would be to have the specs for a NY VPS I already have increased, but only if that does not mean I am losing the licenses I have on that VPS already.

I would have sent in a service ticket, but somehow could not figure out how to get the message through. Got stuck with the virtual assistant.

Best,

Byte

Byte1999: my broker is moving the server for their feed from London to NY, meaning I will want to move my VPS also. Is there an option to get an extra license for the EAs I run on the old VPS for this scenario, e.g., by providing proof from the broker. If not, what is used to determine if the MT4 is still running on the same machine, is that based on IP or something else? My plan B to limit the duplications of license use, would be to have the specs for a NY VPS I already have increased, but only if that does not mean I am losing the licenses I have on that VPS already. I would have sent in a service ticket, but somehow could not figure out how to get the message through. Got stuck with the virtual assistant.

If you are using MQL5 VPS service, then you don't have to worry about the licensing/activations.

If you are talking about 3rd party VPS, then yes it is an issue, but some VPS providers do have an imaging system where you can simply move a VPS image from one location to another without any great difficulty except for changes to the IP address details and nothing more.

If however, that is not possible and you will be starting with a clean installation of the VPS, then you will have no other option but to consume a new activation. And if you have no further activations left, then you will probably have to buy it again. I doubt the service desk will do anything about it for you.