Trade, and Trade Transactions, with python integration

First some context: 

As best I can tell, MQL5 can make use of events handled by the Terminal, but they python integration doesn't get or see those events.

Mostly that's ok.  I don't particularly care about the events themselves (because I can program in python to listen for anything that changes and act accordingly).  But I do care about the information relating to those events.  

For example, I don't particularly care that the python integration doesn't have MQL5's OnTick event for when a new tick arrives.  But I do care about all the info in a tick, and in the python integration I can query the server for tick information any time I want it.

However, now, my question:

The OnTrade and OnTradeTransaction events include information noted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/event_handlers/ontrade and here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/event_handlers/ontradetransaction, but I can't see any corresponding functions in the python integration that can query the server for that information -- like, a list of trade events and a list of trade transactions in a given time range, like I can query a list of ticks in a given time range.

Am I missing anything, or is there no way for the python integration to get that information?

Documentation on MQL5: Event Handling / OnTrade
Documentation on MQL5: Event Handling / OnTrade
  • www.mql5.com
OnTrade - Event Handling - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

That information is not even available to MQL5 either. It is only available within the event handlers.

Many, if not most MQL5 EAs don't even use those event handlers, because one assumes that the EA triggers those changes itself so has no need to track them by way of event handlers. There are EAs that do use them, but it's not essencial functionality.

The use of those event handlers is mostly when one needs to keep track of changes made by other EAs or user interventions, such as in Trade Copiers or Trading Assistants. In these scenarios, speed is of essence, so such functionality is better served by MQL5 and not by python which is much slower.

Fernando Carreiro #:

That information is not even available to MQL5 either. It is only available within the event handlers.

Many, if not most MQL5 EAs don't even use those event handlers, because one assumes that the EA triggers those changes itself so has no need to track them by way of event handlers. There are EAs that do use them, but it's not essencial functionality.

The use of those event handlers is mostly when one needs to keep track of changes made by other EAs or user interventions, such as in Trade Copiers or Trading Assistants. In these scenarios, speed is of essence, so such functionality is better served by MQL5 and not by python which is much slower.

Fernando, Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for the response and information. I guess that makes sense. A little unfortunate, but as you say, not really essential info, typically. So, fair enough. Thanks again.