Feature Request: Optional Flush for journal log.

Hello,

the service desk seems to accept feature requests.

Perhaps MetaQuotes developer have a look on this.

Could you implement an (optional ) flush flag for the journal log and the expert log?

Thank you and kind regards,

chinaski

chinaski: the service desk seems to accept feature requests. Perhaps MetaQuotes developer have a look on this. Could you implement an (optional ) flush flag for the journal log and the expert log?

It has been reported and requested since at least 2010, that I remember it been discussed in the forum. MetaQuotes has never changed the behaviour.

Instead, consider outputting your own logs with the file functionality in MQL where you can flush the output as you want.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It has been reported and requested since at least 2010, that I remember it been discussed in the forum. MetaQuotes has never changed the behaviour.

Instead, consider outputting your own logs with the file functionality in MQL where you can flush the output as you want.

Thank you Fernando,also for your idea polling order events.   I did this meanwhile but not really happy with it.

I do write changes of those order events to a custom logfile which is used to feed database.

Do you think it makes sense to request for transaction events in MetaTrader4 ? As transaction are pretty in time this would be best solution.

chinaski # Do you think it makes sense to request for transaction events in MetaTrader4 ? As transaction are pretty in time this would be best solution.

Development on MT4/MQL4 has been halted for a very long time, and only critical bugs are being corrected (if at all, sometimes).

I myself until a few months ago, would always code my own stuff for both MQL4+ and MQL5, but since then I have stopped and now only work with MQL5. There are just too many things being neglected on MT4/MQL4, and I decided that it was no longer worth the effort to maintain code for conditional compilation on both platforms.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Development on MT4/MQL4 has been halted for a very long time, and only critical bugs are being corrected (if at all, sometimes).

I myself until a few months ago, would always code my own stuff for both MQL4+ and MQL5, but since then I have stopped and now only work with MQL5. There are just too many things being neglected on MT4/MQL4, and I decided that it was no longer worth the effort to maintain code for dual compilation on both platforms.

I would like to work on MT5 only as well.  Unfortunately,  there are tons of experts out there running only on MT4.

You say only critial bugs are fixed on MT4. So i drop this request.

Thank you for information, Fernando.

chinaski: the service desk seems to accept feature requests. Perhaps MetaQuotes developer have a look on this. Could you implement an (optional ) flush flag for the journal log and the expert log?

This is from the Russian forum. It may work for your request ... "There is an undocumented way to force dump logs to disk via Print(NULL)"