delayed journal log

Hello,

when a stop loss is triggered or takeprofit or a pending order at all,

this event (order activated,closed due to..) is not written immediately to the journal log.

All other order events are written to the log once they happen.

I want to write a trading journal and so i catch changes in the journal log, parse them and put them into a database.

Time and realtime evaluation is quite important and so this delayed logging is a problem.

This problem seems also to be in MT5.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/313263

I am curios if MetaQuotes wants to fix this or is there a workaround?

Thanks for help

Pending Order Activated but Status not Updated in Terminal New comment
Pending Order Activated but Status not Updated in Terminal New comment
  • www.mql5.com
I'm am experiencing a problem with the update of the status or orders in terminal (and hence in my EA...

chinaski: when a stop loss is triggered or takeprofit or a pending order at all, this event (order activated,closed due to..) is not written immediately to the journal log. All other order events are written to the log once they happen. I want to write a trading journal and so i catch changes in the journal log, parse them and put them into a database. Time and realtime evaluation is quite important and so this delayed logging is a problem. This problem seems also to be in MT5.https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/313263. I am curios if MetaQuotes wants to fix this or is there a workaround?

I would suggest that the journal is not the best place to monitor trade activity. You should be looking at the account's trade history and the transaction events. Maybe consider coding you own expert advisor to do that for you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I would suggest that the journal is not the best place to monitor trade activity. You should be looking at the account's trade history and the transaction events. Maybe consider coding you own expert advisor to do that for you.

Thank you Fernando for suggestion.  Have concerns.

The transaction is no option as this is only available for MT5.

Before writing an expert where i need to make timer triggered balance of order lists,

i would really prefer to evaluate logs. An expert also needs some kind of deployment.

A standalone app could simpley listen to logfiles.

The mentioned event is the only one that is not coming in time.

A fix should not be a great deal.

chinaski #Thank you Fernando for suggestion.  Have concerns. The transaction is no option as this is only available for MT5. Before writing an expert where i need to make timer triggered balance of order lists,

i would really prefer to evaluate logs. An expert also needs some kind of deployment. A standalone app could simpley listen to logfiles. The mentioned event is the only one that is not coming in time. A fix should not be a great deal.

You posted in the MT5 sections and referenced a MT5 forum thread, so I assumed MT5.

However, even on MT4, you can still accomplish all the functionality using polling instead of event driven.

Using the logs is not an ideal good solution, especially if the entries are cached and not flushed immediately.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You posted in the MT5 sections and referenced a MT5 forum thread, so I assumed MT5.

However, even on MT4, you can still accomplish all the functionality using polling instead of event driven.

Using the logs is not an ideal good solution, especially if the entries are cached and not flushed immediately.

I wrote >also< in MT5 a problem. Thank you for your thoughts. Transactions in MT4 would be the best option of course.

Will checkout a polling script.