what does 5 Activations actually mean?

I bought an indicator which comes with 5 activations.

It says I am already using them all, but I'm confused.

If I have 3 pairs open in the one installation of MT4 is that 1 or 3 activations?

If I operate with 3 brokers on that one MT4 is that 3 activations?

If I operate 2 Mt4 installations on one VPS or local machine is that 1 or 2 activations?

I'd appreciate your experience and clarity around this!!

Thanks in advance!

Don't get confused, an activation is consumed when you install your purchased product to a different computer or an ordinary VPS, MQL5 VPS doesn't need an extra activation.

You can install your product in as many MT4 terminals as you like within the same computer or (non MQL5) VPS and you won't need extra activation, apart from the 1 that you will use initially.

But you will lose an activation when a major windows update is done or you perform a hardware upgrade on your computer or VPS, such as a hard disk replacement.

Usually Metaquotes adds an extra activation when a universal major windows update is due.

So, to answer your questions:

If I have 3 pairs open in the one installation of MT4 is that 1 or 3 activations?

You will need 1 activation to install your product on that computer or (non MQL5) VPS.

If I operate with 3 brokers on that one MT4 is that 3 activations?

As long as you are talking for 1 computer or 1 (non MQL5) VPS, you will only need 1 activation.

If I operate 2 Mt4 installations on one VPS or local machine is that 1 or 2 activations?

As long as you are talking for 1 computer or 1 (non MQL5) VPS, you will only need 1 activation. If you want to run your product on both, you will need 2 activations to install it.

Thank you that helps!