Change % column of MT5 trade history discrepancy

I would like to know if this is a known issue. What formula is used to calculate % Change column of the History and Trade tabs of the trading toolbox window in MT5? I am assuming it is Change% = 100*((Gain from position)/InitialAccountBalance). If so, I have run tests on demo account with no commission charges to simplify the problem; and observed multiple issues ranging from the Change percentage displaying in ratio rather than percentage form (basically not doing the last x100 operation) to flat out wrong values by over 5 basis points.
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

salitos: I would like to know if this is a known issue. What formula is used to calculate % Change column of the History and Trade tabs of the trading toolbox window in MT5? I am assuming it is Change% = 100*((Gain from position)/InitialAccountBalance). If so, I have run tests on demo account with no commission charges to simplify the problem; and observed multiple issues ranging from the Change percentage displaying in ratio rather than percentage form (basically not doing the last x100 operation) to flat out wrong values by over 5 basis points.

I don't think it is anything that elaborate. I think that the % Change is just in reference to the symbol's quote price. In other words, it is just the change between close and open prices.

EDIT: probably "( [close price] - [open price] ) / [open price]" as a percentage

Fernando Carreiro #:

I don't think it is anything that elaborate. I think that the % Change is just in reference to the symbol's quote price. In other words, it is just the change between close and open prices.

EDIT: probably "( [close price] - [open price] ) / [open price]" as a percentage

Hi Fernando, thanks I think that really is the formula they are using. I have tested for 5 positions and all the values are equivalent to what is displayed. The placement of that column, though, is unintuitive to some like me :).

salitos #:Hi Fernando, thanks I think that really is the formula they are using. I have tested for 5 positions and all the values are equivalent to what is displayed. The placement of that column, though, is unintuitive to some like me :).

I agree, that placing it right next to the Profit Column only makes sense if it were a profit percentage change (which is what most people actually want to know).

They should have at least placed it next to the close price column so that we could conclude that it is the close % Change (even though most people don't really need that metric anyway for the trade history).

Absolutly wrong place for this field, you assume that is the change % in the account balance because it is after profit/loss value, if this is the percentage of change in the symbol, this should have a more explained name or stay in another column, close to the close price or something.