core vs ram memory for backtesting

Hi,

What do you think is better for backtesting?
4 cores - 30Gb RAM
8 cores - 16 GB RAM

Thanks
Joao

joaosavioli: What do you think is better for backtesting? 4 cores - 30Gb RAM, 8 cores - 16 GB RAM
MetaTrader consumes huge amounts of RAM, so I personally would go with the version with more RAM.

If however, you are planning to mostly sell your "agents" on the MQL5 Cloud and not necessarily just for personal use, then I would go with more cores in my opinion.

Fernando Carreiro #:
If however, you are planning to mostly sell your "agents" on the MQL5 Cloud and not necessarily just for personal use, then I would go with more cores in my opinion.

Nice point, Fernado. Thanks a lot!

joaosavioli #: Nice point, Fernado. Thanks a lot!

Please be aware however, that the money gained from selling "agents" will not necessarily cover the costs you will incur in supplying them on the cloud.

If you do a proper analysis of the costs of electricity, internet connection, and ware on your machine, you may arrive at a sad truth that it will come out on a loss.

I recommend that you focus on your own use advantages of your setup, versus those for selling the "agents".

This is my opinion based on my own experiences, living in Portugal (Europe). Costs may be different in your own country, so do your own cost analysis to verify what your situation will be in your case.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please be aware however, that the money gained from selling "agents" will not necessarily cover the costs you will incur in supplying them on the cloud.

If you do a proper analysis of the costs of electricity, internet connection, and ware on your machine, you may arrive at a sad truth that it will come out on a loss.

I recommend that you focus on your own use advantages of your setup, versus those for selling the "agents".

This is my opinion based on my own experiences, living in Portugal (Europe). Costs may be different in your own country, so do your own cost analysis to verify what your situation will be in your case.

Hi Fernando,

I'll use for my tests. Sell agents will be a secondary option.

Thanks,
Joao