PullBack Moving Average

Hi,

two weeks ago I found good code for Pullback but I can't found this code any more.

If I have EMA, and if is candle bullish, when go back to the EMA or touch or go over EMA then get Alert.

How to do this?

Thanks.

chris.dotan: If I have EMA, and if is candle bullish, when go back to the EMA or touch or go over EMA then get Alert.

Total nonsense words.

Until you can state your requirements in concrete terms, it can not be coded.

William Roeder #:

Total nonsense words.

Until you can state your requirements in concrete terms, it can not be coded.

Do you know what is PullBack to the EMA? I'm sure the question is easy to understand.

Check attachment.

When go price back to the EMA.

If price go back from above to below and touch EMA then is buy.

Files:

chris.dotan #: Do you know what is PullBack to the EMA? I'm sure the question is easy to understand. Check attachment. When go price back to the EMA. If price go back from above to below and touch EMA then is buy.

It may be easy for a human to understand, but in code, things have to be defined very precisely. It has to be defined objectively with exact rules, not "fuzzy" understanding.

So, unless you can define it objectively and precisely, it cannot be coded. Here is another example of someone unable to properly define it ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Please help me to build this indicator

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.02.10 14:00

Your first thing to do, is to ask yourself the question ... How do I define a pull-back?

You have to define it in a very detailed and objective way, so that it can be implemented in code. There must be no subjective or incongruent rules to the definition.

Only then can you, start to count them. It is no use asking for code for something so vague as the word "pullback". We humans know what it is but if not properly defined, how are you going to tell a machine to recognise one and then count them.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Please help me to build this indicator

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.02.10 15:26

You show charts and graphics, but you still have not presented a clear, point-by-point recipe for a "pull-back". The code cannot just look at a graph or chart a "just know" what is a pullback.

You have to define it in very clear simple logical and mathematical rules, so that it can be coded. Sit down, take a pencil and paper and write it down. Break it down into steps, and keep breaking down those steps even further until you have a clear, unambiguous logical and mathematical recipe for recognising a pullback.

PS! Yes, I know it is not easy and that is why coders get so irritated when customers just want something done quick and cheap, yet have no idea how difficult and time consuming it is "convert" human terms into something a machine can identify and do. So, take this time to place yourself in the coder's mindset and break it down into steps that can be coded.