Memory Exception - page 2

R4tna C #:

Sorry - industry term for "Enterprise Resource Planning" software. Usually used by large corporations so very heavily engineered with lots of tunable parameters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning

Happy to help, although I am not sure I got you closer to a solution...

After a few tests in a live environment, I realized with the task manager that the MT5 memory was increasing very fast until I have to cut it. So it is a massive memory leak when I start the EA but I still don't understand where it comes from

Arthur Hatchiguian #:

After a few tests in a live environment, I realized with the task manager that the MT5 memory was increasing very fast until I have to cut it. So it is a massive memory leak when I start the EA but I still don't understand where it comes from

There is a profiler tool - I have not used it before in MQL5 but I was thinking it could help, however when I ran it just now I found it provides CPU utilization data but not memory info. Perhaps the more experienced people here know how to find that, but if you look at high CPU utilizations it may help you pinpoint the place where it could be happening

R4tna C #:

There is a profiler tool - I have not used it before in MQL5 but I was thinking it could help, however when I ran it just now I found it provides CPU utilization data but not memory info. Perhaps the more experienced people here know how to find that, but if you look at high CPU utilizations it may help you pinpoint the place where it could be happening

yeah i tried it but nothing helped me here. there is no leak on my tester or on the profiler...

There must be, else it would not happen.

Debugging might be hard, but since you are not sharing the code, there is nothing to help you with.

Quick update: I think the problem was just that my VPS didn't have enough RAM to handle my EAs.

The problem is always starting once my VPS has more than 80% memory used, before that everything is fine.

I guess i have to find a way to reduce the memory used by my hundreds of indicators :)

Thanks for the help

Arthur Hatchiguian #:

Quick update: I think the problem was just that my VPS didn't have enough RAM to handle my EAs.

The problem is always starting once my VPS has more than 80% memory used, before that everything is fine.

I guess i have to find a way to reduce the memory used by my hundreds of indicators :)

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the update - good luck