Laptop specifications to run several MT4 EAs

Hi,

I am planning to run several MT4 EAs on laptop with VPS. I assume that the most important thing to look at is processor speed (Ghz), number of cores, RAM and cache?

ja0: I am planning to run several MT4 EAs on laptop with VPS.
  1. The question makes no sense. If you are running on a VPS, your laptop is irrelevant.

2. No one can answer that accurately, because all indicators/EAs are different. I assume they are coded properly (only updating bar zero after the initial run.)

I have (MT4) 60+ charts with nine (9) indicators (including one MTF) open on my (4 core) laptop, averaging 15% CPU, 123/700 MB (working set/commit). (2020)

William Roeder #:
  1. The question makes no sense. If you are running on a VPS, your laptop is irrelevant.

2. No one can answer that accurately, because all indicators/EAs are different. I assume they are coded properly (only updating bar zero after the initial run.)

I have (MT4) 60+ charts with nine (9) indicators (including one MTF) open on my (4 core) laptop, averaging 15% CPU, 123/700 MB (working set/commit). (2020)

Ok, thanks. I did not know that. When I backtest som EAs, it takes som much time. That is why I thought maybe there is a problem with laptop.