MT4 program cannot open

Hi all,

I am using the MT4 Desktop platform, it worked well before, but after this weekend, everytime I am trying to open the MT4 program, it shuts ifself off. I have tried to reinstall the program, and even change to another PC, but it gets the same problem. I can connect MT4 every the first time I reinstall the program, and I can connect the Mobile pbone platform of MT4, but once I log into MQL5 account from the MT4 platform, there is an unknown error, and can't open again.

I personally think this may be a VPS problem, I am using a VPS provided from MQL5. It worked for a few days but this week I start seeing the problem. This week after I reinstall the program, the associated VPS doesn't show under the account window.   

I am a client in US, my broker is Forex.com.

Has anyone met the same problem before?

-pb

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

pbdominator:

Hi all,

I am using the MT4 Desktop platform, it worked well before, but after this weekend, everytime I am trying to open the MT4 program, it shuts ifself off. I have tried to reinstall the program, and even change to another PC, but it gets the same problem. I can connect MT4 every the first time I reinstall the program, and I can connect the Mobile pbone platform of MT4, but once I log into MQL5 account from the MT4 platform, there is an unknown error, and can't open again.

I personally think this may be a VPS problem, I am using a VPS provided from MQL5. It worked for a few days but this week I start seeing the problem. This week after I reinstall the program, the associated VPS doesn't show under the account window.   

I am a client in US, my broker is Forex.com.

Has anyone met the same problem before?

-pb

Yeah, everyone with MT4 and MQL5 VPS had that problem over the weekend. Here's another thread about it: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/426412 They resolved it this morning, but I still had to do a clean install of every MT4 account and recreate my world on each broker. I couldn't import or save anything that I had before for settings. You'll probably have to find which folder is your data folder for that account and delete everything in it before reinstalling. It sucks, but it works afterward. They still haven't announced anything about it or what the problem was or what they've done to prevent it in the future.

MQL5 VPS problem
MQL5 VPS problem
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, is anyone facing the MQL5 VPS problem...