my loop that writes to file stops working after a fiew hours

hi.

I need some help or clerefiance why my indicator does not work all around the clock. 

I have made a small indicator that is writing to a file every four minute. and I have a chrome extenssion that is reading this file. it works but after a fiew hours It stops working. 

this is how it's done. 
the Indicator is using OnTimer() event and have made the file write function (bool) that returns FileWriteStrings (%s...) 

when my timer is >4 minute it uses this function to write to the file. 
it's acctully tells my chrome extenssion to do a login on a website. but after a fiew hours it stops working. 

the timer tho is still running as it should because I have a Print that tells me when timer is > 4 and resets counting. 

Now. When this error occures I have tried to run the same file write function that I also have in a script and when I run the script it works (writes to file)..

I wounder why my indicator stops doing this after a couple of hours. is there some buffer that gets filled up? 

when I restart Metatrader it works again. 
any idies why this is? 

Hi

Without providing the code, it's going to be a little difficult for anyone to provide meaningful help  .

Cheers

Filter:

Hi

Without providing the code, it's going to be a little difficult for anyone to provide meaningful help  .

Cheers

the function looks like this

bool login(string url, string username, string password){
string file = "\\\\.\\pipe\\pipe11"; int file1 = FileOpen(file, FILE_WRITE|FILE_BIN); if (file1 == INVALID_HANDLE) { return false;
}
return FileWriteString(file1, StringFormat("%s,%s,%s,%s\r\n", "login", url, username, password));
}

now if I run this function over and over again its will stop work at some point of time (the loops is still going tho)

I haven't got the whole code on me right now but I don't think it's matter because I know that the loop is still going on and on but this function will stop working a fiew hours after I start the loop.

Any suggestions what may cause it to stop working or if I should write the fuction in another way

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hello,

Please use the SRC button when you post code. Thank you.

This time, I edited it for you.

slicken:

the function looks like this

now if I run this function over and over again its will stop work at some point of time (the loops is still going tho)

I haven't got the whole code on me right now but I don't think it's matter because I know that the loop is still going on and on but this function will stop working a fiew hours after I start the loop.

Any suggestions what may cause it to stop working or if I should write the fuction in another way
You need to use FileClose() at some point.