Windows 11 - page 3

Сергей Таболин:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why the /portable key should be specified?

I'm on 11 as well. Haven't installed any terminals until now. But I already had them installed on a separate drive. Now I'm just running one of them. Everything works. Only in this folder appeared "missing" directories ))) A symbolic link and everything is OK.

What's the point of this "key"?

Thanks.

Do you have chart templates with lots of charts and custom indicators? Can you check - when you switch profiles from one to the other doesn't the 3007 build delete all the charts from the profile?

Vladimir Karputov:

Do you have chart templates with many charts and custom indicators? Can you check - when you switch profiles from one to the other does the build 3007 not remove all charts from the profile?

No. But I can create and check. "Recipe" in your previous posts?

Сергей Таболин:

I don't. But I can create one and check it out. "Recipe" in your previous posts?

Yes. The main thing is to save your profiles first.

Forum for trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Windows 11

Vladimir Karputov, 2021.07.29 12:28

Save templates and charts profiles

Select the'Charts' and'Templates' folders in the MetaEditor

and send them to the Store

Vladimir Karputov:

I'll give it a try.

Сергей Таболин:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why specify the /portable key?

I'm on 11 as well. Haven't installed any terminals until now. But I already had them installed on a separate drive. Now I'm just running one of them. Everything works. Only in this folder appeared "missing" directories ))) A symbolic link and everything is OK.

What's the point of this "key"?

Thanks.

If it's simple, everything is stored in one folder. Then that folder can be simply copied to another computer/flash drive and continue working there (account passwords, of course, will have to be re-entered).

See the Help for more details: https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/start_advanced/start

Upgraded to 3010. Same as in 3007, when switching graph profiles, all graphs are deleted from the profile (from which you switched).

Vladimir Karputov:
Upgraded to 3010. Same as in 3007, when switching graph profiles, all graphs are deleted from the profile (from which I switched).

In general, I've settled on the following option: all the graphical profiles that were transferred from Windows 10 had to be deleted. From now on, I will work with the profiles created in Windows 11.

Vladimir Karputov:

Sorry, there wasn't enough time.

Opened up some charts, drew some indicators on them. Saved my profile. Opened the euro. Closed the terminal. Started it, changed profile to mine, scrolled through charts, went back to EURO. My profile remained unchanged.

Didn't set the terminal, though. I still have it from 10. But it's already upgraded to 3013 on 11.

Сергей Таболин:

Sorry, there wasn't enough time.

Opened up some charts, drew some indicators on them. Saved the profile. Opened the euro. Closed the terminal. Started it, changed profile to mine, scrolled through charts, went back to EURO. My profile remained unchanged.

Didn't set the terminal, though. I still have it from 10. But it's already upgraded to 3013 on 11.

Thanks. I had two or three custom indicators on my charts, by the way.
But thanks for checking anyway.

Vladimir Karputov:
Thanks. I've had two or three custom indicators on my charts, by the way.
But thanks for checking anyway.

I've put 3 or 4 on some of them too...

Really not custom ones...

Although.... Those too...