Is there any profit in forex? - page 2

Marat Zeidaliyev:

only a manual strategy is profitable over the long term

if you do it right

Robots don't think, but they don't fear, but they lose...

On scalping at *.5 ppm price you can make + and, as they say, - from the office for 4-5 hours a day. If you use Japanese candlesticks, using the signs of the upper and lower reversals + Volumes + Continuous experience and constant analysis.

JRandomTrader:

If it earns more in periods of profit than it drains in periods of loss, then in principle it is OK.

NO.

In the long term, ALL systems fail. And the only way to be in profit all the time is to switch between systems.

Georgiy Merts:

NO.

In the long term, ALL systems drain. And the only way to be profitable all the time is to switch between systems.

Georges, is it more correct to say handles?

It doesn't cost anything to create the handl numbers in the init in advance, until you refer to them,

i use the time of one of the good participants, when you look at where and how much is taken, is that even possible?)

Georgiy Merts:

NO.

In the long term, ALL systems drain. And the only way to be profitable all the time is to switch between systems.

If switching between systems is done according to some preset algorithm, then you only get one more system, albeit more complex, which can also work with variable success.

Or are we talking about some kind of manual (intuitive, creative) approach to switching between systems?

Fast235:

Georges, is it more correct to say handles?

It doesn't cost anything to create the handl numbers in the init beforehand, until you refer to them

I don't get it. Handles are software implementations of some kind of objects.

I'm talking about trading principles and techniques. In my belief - none of the sets of techniques can work long in the plus. All of them only work in the negative for a long time.

My deposit has shown some growth only when I started replacing the systems I was using on a regular basis. And I'm afraid it may not last long. Now I'm up to $400. My fear is that by the end of spring I'll be down $300 again. But hopefully I won't reach the bottom ($220).

Aleksey Nikolayev:

If switching between systems is done according to some preset algorithm, then you just get another system, albeit a more complex one, which can also work with varying success.

Or are we talking about some kind of manual (intuitive, creative) approach to switching between systems?

It would be cool to find this very "preset switching algorithm". Alas, I've been looking for it for the third year now, and I can't find it. As a result, I have to use this very "intuitive, creative approach", which personally fails me regularly. And because of this I constantly "stagnate". It's not like I'm losing money, but I'm not profitable either. "I'm hovering around zero".

Georgiy Merts:

It would be cool to find this very "preset switching algorithm". Alas, I've been looking for it for the third year now, and I can't find it. As a result, I have to use this very "intuitive, creative approach", which personally fails me regularly. And because of this I constantly "stagnate". It's not like I'm losing money, but I'm not profitable either. "Hovering around zero."

George Handle is a pointer to the indicator, is it cached yet

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                   Buffer_spy.mq5 |
//|                                                          Fast235 |
//|                                                 fax@yandex.ru |
#property copyright "Fast235"
#property link      "@yandex.ru"
#property version   "1.00"
#property description ""
//---
#define    RESET 0
#property indicator_chart_window //Выводить индикатор в окно графика
#property indicator_plots   0
//--- input parameters
input int   Count_bar   = 1; // сколько копировать
input int   Start_bar   = 0; // стартовый бар
//input uint  DigitsToShow= 10; //Digits to Show
//---
double buffer[];
int handle;
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int OnInit()
  {
   ArrayResize(buffer,Count_bar);
//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const int begin,
                const double &price[])
  {
//--- проверка на новый бар
   if(prev_calculated==rates_total)
      return(rates_total);
//| основной цикл                                                    |
//--- получим кол-во индикаторов на графике
   long n_indicators = ChartIndicatorsTotal(0,0);
   string result_output = "";
//---
   for(int i=0; i<n_indicators && !_StopFlag; i++)
     {
      string name = ChartIndicatorName(0,0,i); //--- присвоим имя найденного индикатора
      handle = ChartIndicatorGet(0,0,name); //--- создадим хендл на указанный индикатор
      int buffer_num = 0;
      //--- найдем все буфера в созданном хендле
      while(CopyBuffer(handle,buffer_num,Start_bar,Count_bar,buffer) == Count_bar && !_StopFlag)
        {
         //--- в цикле проверяем номера буфера
         for(int ii=0; ii<Count_bar; ++ii)
            result_output +="\n"+name
                            +"["+IntegerToString(buffer_num)+"]"
                            +"["+IntegerToString(ii)+"]"
                            +"="+DoubleToString(buffer[ii],_Digits);
         ++buffer_num;
        }
      result_output += "\n";
      //--- удалим этот хендл,
      IndicatorRelease(handle);
     }
//comment the result
   if(result_output != "")
      Comment("BufferInspector "+":\n"+result_output);
   else
      Comment("BufferInspector "+":\n\nNo Buffers have been found.");
//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call
   return(rates_total);
  }
//|                                                                  |
void OnDeinit(const int reason)
  {
   Comment("");
  }

Strangely enough, after writing this thread, my EA in the tester (right after changing "<" sign to opposite) showed 44% profit in last 12 years run with less than 10% drawdown. This is a grid martin that puts pending orders with complex step (about 50 pips). However it differs from usual martin (apart from the step) in that it opens orders in the opposite direction to the previous order. well. At least something.... My first robot with profit and no loss. I think it's not bad for owl with 50 pips increment. Although I've seen similar messages on the forum more than a hundred times....

it's a spindle buffer indicator, based on a script known

here, you can remove the indictor at the end of the buffer and see what happens

Fast235:

George Handle is a pointer to the indicator, is it cached yet

Not necessarily. Handle is just an identifier of some object. Not only of an indicator.

It doesn't change the essence of my words. There is a set of some techniques from which various systems can be composed. I assert that none of them will always be profitable. All of them will have periods of profit and loss, and the periods of profit will bring in total less profit than will be lost in periods of loss.