The evolution of the hamster. The transition to the exchange. - page 7

If, for example, I run out of Maintenance in my account, will the broker close the positions in my account without carrying them over to the next day?

And another question: isMaintenance only specified for 1 contract?

Here is a concrete example:

MGC

$287.5 (Day)

$1150 (Maintenance)

If I buy 2 contracts for $575, do I need to have at least $2300 equity in my account to transfer or only $1150?

gobirzharf:

Afternoon. Been in forex for about 7 years in total (laughter and tears) and my hands are still itching to trade (facepalm).

So the plan is to trade intraday on Moex! Oops! Liquid instruments. Futures or indices, most likely, have not decided exactly what, but fundamentally decided the most important thing - to trade!

I will write here my findings, exclamations of surprise, notes etc. I hope they will be informative and constructive.

Also, they will probably be able to help those who are looking for information on this forum about trading on the stock exchange, in particular on the MOEX. And information from people who are completely new to the exchange. And of course, from those who do not hide the fact of their forex past/present.

In the next couple of weeks I plan to start, I need, you know, to fill in the account, choose a broker, etc. etc.

In the meantime, I'm accepting comments and suggestions from pros, like "Welcome, we just need more noubos with money! And similar encouraging stuff).

Thanks for reading, see you around.

There aren't many intraday instruments, and by and large they are almost nonexistent as such.
There's probably more of a medium/long term set-up.

Konstantin Nikitin:

There are not a lot of intraday instruments, and in general there are almost none at all.
You probably need to tune in more to the medium/long term there.

I have dismissed the idea of the RF market. I am looking at America.I asked the question above aboutCOMEXG. Just to hold gold over the medium term, for example.

anseroyale:

If, for example, I run out of Maintenance in my account, will the broker close the positions in my account without carrying them over to the next day?

And another question: isMaintenance only specified for 1 contract?

Here is a concrete example:

MGC

$287.5 (Day)

$1150 (Maintenance)

If I buy 2 contracts for $575, do I need at least $2300 equity in my account to transfer or only $1150?

For 2 MGC contracts you need $2300+ equity, and maintain that level - Initial Margin x 4-

all the time as long as the positions are open, as far as I understand from FINRA requirements. If not, please correct me.

I will check with my broker when I choose my broker and platform for real)

I have been thoroughly testing the demo account and realised that even when trading on points, the commission does not allow me to be in the black on the balance.

And this commission is calculated in advance, that is, it is clear that in the long term it will not be possible to get plus in any way, even having a significant profit in pips. This is the case when trading with one fixed lot. If we increase the lot, the price of an error or an unsuccessful series will lead to margin call and to the closing of the position as a result.

So, the commission itself is profitable. And only it. And it's not the trader who receives the commission, but the broker. You've discovered America!

anseroyale:

I have been thoroughly testing the demo account and realised that even when trading on points, the commission does not allow me to be in the black on the balance.

And this commission is calculated in advance, that is, it is clear that in the long term it will not be possible to get plus in any way, even having a significant profit in pips. This is the case when trading with one fixed lot. If we increase the lot, the price of an error or an unsuccessful series will lead to margin call and to the closing of the position as a result.

So, the commission itself is profitable. And only it. And it's not the trader who receives the commission, but the broker. You've discovered America!

If you want a higher commission in the Strategy Tester, you'd better set it and get the result.)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Put a huge commission in the tester and get a result)

Let's say there will be a result. And on the real, as well. There will be a big turnover and commission, the commission will be much higher than my initial deposit) The horse's commission will be received by the broker, it is his money. I will receive an insignificant profit as if from a part of broker's earnings. At my own expense and my strategy will make a turnover and commission to the broker) lol.

The frequency of trades, it turns out, is the enemy of the trader.

In short, you can hold the next futures contract, for example. Until expiry. And you don't have to pay for that, for the rollover to the next day ;) You just need to have enough margin in your account. You only have to pay for quotes and entry/exit. And the platform, if it is paid. Is it right?

--

Interesting, a limit order cannot be placed if there is no free margin under it! Also by placing limit orders, for example on all free margin, you can get a margin call on an already open position, the free margin will be in deficit.

Risk control needs to be well thought out.

It is also possible to build up an aggregate position on the free margin. Equity could be higher than the balance. Free margin can be used to open positions in other futures.

--

I see a tight spread! Isn't it like if the spread hits your reverse order or stop, it doesn't matter? Only on the flipper is it triggered? Who knows for sure?

anseroyale:

In short, you can hold the next futures contract, for example. Until expiry. And you don't have to pay for that, for the rollover to the next day ;) You just need to have enough margin in your account. You only have to pay for quotes and entry/exit. And the platform, if it is paid. Is it right?

--

Interesting, a limit order cannot be placed if there is no free margin under it! Also by placing limit orders, for example on all free margin, you can get a margin call on an already open position, the free margin will be in deficit.

Risk control needs to be well thought out.

It is also possible to build up an aggregate position on the free margin. Equity could be higher than the balance. Free margin can be used to open positions in other futures.

--

I see a tight spread! Isn't it like if the spread hits your reverse order or stop, it doesn't matter? Only on the flipper is it triggered? Who knows for sure?

If you do not want to go to the worse, upwards, open at the upper price, close at the lower one. upwards, it is the lower price that has touched the stop. Although you can set it to any level, at close it will be the lower price if the order is up.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Upwards, it's the bottom price touched the stop, although you can set it to any level you like, but when you close it will be the bottom price if the order is upwards. Although you can set it any way you want. this is the level, but when you close it will be the bottom price if the order is up.

Do you think, for example, on Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 (mnq), if I open the market like a zero and close 1 contract, is it OK? Well, just on the chart, without the glass at all ...? What is the point...? Well, to catch profits, bounces and stuff (TA)... intraday.

Or can I be executed wildly negative in this way if the market...? I think I'll be like dust there with my 1 contract, or am I wrong?

--

By the way, what you wrote, I didn't understand.

It's:to the worse side, up opening at the top price closing at the bottom. up, it's the bottom price touched the stop. Although you can set it any way you want. it's a level, but when you close it will be the lower price if the order is up.

I downloaded the picture. I updated the picture) So it will be clearer, I hope...

Files:
slsl.png  10 kb