SL to be or not to be - page 8

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
You can also un-paint))))
But it's better to brighten up your life with the exhaust from the system. Thanks Mahmoud, he finally got me to apply stoplosses.
And I wish everyone to become aware of and learn how to use stoplosses in their system.

When I saw Mahmoud, I immediately remembered the son of Nikolaev the cook!

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Greetings to all. It is no secret that many traders are not particularly eager to use stop losses.
For a long time I have not been able to understand how and where to place the stoploss. Somewhere it is written to apply it in relation to depo drawdown, somewhere it is written to put it under/over the minimum/maximum.
But nowhere have I seen a clear mathematical explanation on the fingers.
I myself did not want to accept stoplosses, because I thought I was the smartest and always right. But you know what the market does with them.
So now I trade with stoplosses without interference. I am a little bit aware that I may not always be right.
I have created this topic in the hope to still get some knowledge about the distance to set st (stoploss), and generally wondering who and how they cope with it.

I can't advertise my site. But, if you look closer to the profile, you can find it. On the site, on the page "Popular Forex Calculations" there is more or less clear explanation of how it is calculated and takes part in further calculations. And, knowing its size, you can try on where to put it. There is also a free advisor there, you can download, which calculates it for different conditions and instruments and shows lines where to put it.

Here's the bottom line. A stop loss is a protection against huge losses by a plum strategy.

Oleg Papkov:

I can't advertise my website. But, if you look closely at the profile, you can find it. On the site, on the Popular Forex Calculations page, there is a more or less intelligible explanation of how it calculates-calculates itself and participates in further calculations. And, knowing its size, you can try on where to put it. There is also a free advisor there, you can download, which calculates it for different conditions and instruments and shows lines where to put it.

In general, not a PR either.

Wizard2018:
The stop should be placed where your scenario or (pattern) that opened the position breaks. For example, trade a trend upwards, open a position (suddenly) BAY. Stop is placed where the up trend will end.
I support the idea. I myself place stops when the rate moves out of the range where my development model, according to which the trade was opened, works.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Here's the bottom line. Stop Loss is a protection against huge losses by a losing strategy.

If you catch a trend reversal, then with a normal tactic, after one or two small losses on the stop loss is followed by a very good profit on reaching the next reversal point. Often these losses are not taken at all.

What is wrong here? You get a signal of a possible reversal, you open in a new trend, make a mistake, and close using a stop loss. On the second or third attempt, I hit the top ten and earned 10 times more.

Алексей Тарабанов:

If you catch a trend reversal, with normal tactics one or two small stop loss is followed by a very good profit on reaching the next reversal point. Often these losses are not taken at all.

What is wrong here? You get a signal of a possible reversal, you open in a new trend, make a mistake, and close using a stop loss. On the second, third attempt to reach the top 10 and gain 10 times more.

What if you have caught a bounce?

then it is the same whether with or without a stop loss.

Sitting in profit, waiting for a pullback. Making more and more money.

Renat, the market is a fluctuation. The trend is up, the trend is down. Look at the euro, one week up, one week down. They get paid on a weekly basis. Although, sometimes there are rallies.

Алексей Тарабанов:
Sitting in profit, waiting for a pullback. Making more and more money.

I'll pass.

And the next post, too.

You must have a cool TA.