The great loss mechanism - page 3

Реter Konow:
)))))) sorry, had a long laugh.))))

Now think about it and give a detailed answer.

you can accurately describe the mistakes, while thinking of friends, forgot the long text is good

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Now think about it and give a detailed answer.

If a mouse cannot understand the mechanism of a mousetrap trying to get cheese out of it and refuses to take into account the experiences of other mice who have fallen victim to its naivety, then that mouse will definitely fall victim to the mousetrap, joining their ranks. The only way to "cheat" the mousetrap is to stay out of it.
And it is funny if a mouse thinks that the reason for its death is the wrong approach to the cheese, saying that on the other side there is a better chance.

Allegory.

Реter Konow:
If a mouse cannot understand the mechanism of a mousetrap trying to get cheese out of it and refuses to take into account the experiences of other mice who have fallen victim to its naivety, then that mouse will definitely fall victim to the mousetrap, joining their ranks. The only way to "cheat" the mousetrap is to stay out of it.
And it is funny if a mouse thinks that the reason for its death is the wrong approach to the cheese, saying that on the other side there is a better chance.

Allegory.

Yes, this approach to the market has a right to exist...

But it's not the only version of "allegory", is it?... And most traders have other opinions on the subject...

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, this approach to the market has a right to exist...

But it's not the only version of "allegory", is it?... And most traders have different views on it...

Of course they do. Continue the discussion. Gone.

Sergey Lazarenko:
Hey bro! I also noticed, like you, that the psychological state affects very much, and here's the way out, 1) you must have a TS that generates often TVX, which have the following characteristics, the risk/profit of trades must be 1 to 3 or higher, then it will be easier, because you will just have to wait and search for these very TVX, and several losing trades will not be able to throw you into a depression. The important word is "often", because waiting for ТВх for a very long time is not kamilfo, and only waiting for a long time itself can make you depressed and sad. Exactly the depression may provoke MM breach (overestimation of volume), that is why TS should frequently give profitable ТBx. And then it will be easy to take both losing trades, and waiting for those ТВх.

Hello!

Thank you for the vision of the solution to the problem.

However, these figures are very optimistic, such indicators can only be obtained from trend strategies, and they are profitable at best in 40% of cases. Although I use trend-following strategies I also trade overbought/oversold and in general I have about 70% profitable trades.

I also notice that after a series of losing trades my brain wants to compensate and does not lock a profitable trade where I would normally do so.

awsomdino:
can accurately describe mistakes, while thinking of friends, forgot a long text good

Remember!

Реter Konow:

Allegory.

You're talking about something else entirely - playing with a negative maturity expectation over a long period. There are system losses inherent in the strategy and there are emotional losses, and the latter far exceed the former, at least in manual trading.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

That's not what you're talking about, you're talking about playing with negative expectations over a long period of time. There are systemic losses inherent in the strategy and there are emotional losses, and the latter far outweigh the former, at least in manual trading.

Emotional self-control of mice before entering the mousetrap is of course important. This is where yoga and meditative techniques come in handy. Smart mice systematically strengthen spirit, body and mind, and when the mousetrap goes off, they show amazing strength and resilience, taking its blow as a life lesson.
The irony is that mice do prolong their lives by working on themselves, because they take too long to get the cheese, but pathologically they refuse to accept the inevitability of a mousetrap and, as a result, it always provides the cats with tinned food.

Efficient and simple thing, that mousetrap.)

Sorry, I can't get out of the allegory.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

That's not what you're talking about, you're talking about playing with negative expectations over a long period of time. There are system losses inherent in the strategy, and there are emotional losses, and the latter are much greater than the former, at least in manual trading.

So maybe there are no emotional costs? They are just made up as an excuse, maybe the whole problem is that there is no systematic profit?