Some signs of the right TCs - page 5

Maxim Kuznetsov:

i.e. we trade money and count, and somewhere there is a pip, its price and lots :-) with what accuracy would the USDEUR quote be, why and what would be its lot? what does the fraction go to when converting from forward to reverse ?

No, of course I accept that you trade on a temperature chart and build EAs for them. But then that's more on the hydrometcentre forum. By the way, I didn't know MT was used there :-)

PS/ reverse quote is not the same as flipping the screen.

I see the sense, if EURUSD was at 1.23385, USDEUR=1/1.23385=0.810471

now, if the exchange rate has changed by 605 pips to 1.2399, the reverse exchange rate has changed by 1/1.2399=0.806517, i.e., by 395 pips... If we imagine that the USDEUR is traded, then it really turns out to be a completely different instrument. After all, pips are not just made for nothing, there is some volume on each pips... I didn't think about it in this form.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

We are sort of trading and counting money, and there are points, their price, and lots in there somewhere.

Only the relative change in price is traded.

fxsaber:

For example, linkage to pips. In particular, take/stop in pips.

When I first started algotrading I also asked myself such a conceptual question and came to the conclusion that even if we have chosen the optimal take stop and other levels in pips, it is initially dictated by volatility, the size of trend movements, etc., For example, if an asset increases by 2 times (equal to the multiplication by a constant), it is visible on the history when some instruments have changed their values several times, i.e. it is correct to express these figures with the help of volatility and/or trend movements, and then we come to %.

So in the interpretation of the question you cited - completely agree.

s.s. Degradation blows my mind) this is the same as conversion to logarithmic coordinates, right? then the strategy should change accordingly, not in essence, but in calculations, essentially remaining the same.

Igor Makanu:

Where is your example? - did not find the search

ZS: EA under MT4 with tester grail immediately found , monitoring show

What kind of example?

fxsaber:

Separate the flies from the cutlets.

There is a market pattern between EUR and USD.

And there is a correlation between the value of these currencies, which is translated into traders' terminals. It makes no difference whether it is EUR/USD or USD/EUR or 100*EUR/USD. It is simply a type of translation of a market pattern between EUR and USD.

If you are not trading a market pattern between the value of the notional two assets, but just a set of numbers called prices, then that is off-topic.

Whether there is a pattern or not is entirely unknown to anyone. The terms "eurusd" or "usdeur" are absolutely frivolous combinations, as if to hint at an opposing and linking (hence the pattern) "optical deception". Each currency changes its value without direct correlation to the "opposite" currency. There are no currency pairs. There is an artificial "pairing" of them, on the basis of which, patterns are sought. But, if all these currencies are compared, a pattern and relationship can emerge, and more of it will be where there is more human opposition. Imho.

There are currency pairs that by definition cannot have a relationship. For example, a dollar and a wild tribe's wooden coin. But putting their names in pairs will give us a reason to look for it. That is, we first need to understand whether the currency combination in the pair makes economic sense, and then look for a pattern.

The phrase "correct TCs" requires specificity..., and the notion of "some attributes" can be interpreted any way you like...

Serqey Nikitin:
The phrase "correct TS" requires specifics..., and the notion of "some attributes" can be interpreted any way you want...

Sometimes I search for patterns between different symbols. It comes down to building a custom symbol and optimizing some kind of TC on it. If there is an identifiable TC pattern there, then this method will find it. Having said that, it is obvious that the custom symbol could have been built upside down, for example. This is only a convention and does not affect the fact whether there is a pattern there or not.

So the correct TS in this context doesn't care if the symbol is reversed or dominated. It is obliged to look specifically for a pattern with respect to the various characters presented as a custom one.

Imagine that a custom symbol is built from what seems to be incongruent. There are no points, lots and other nonsense. There is only a mathematical ratio giving Bid/Ask on each tick.

Now imagine that there are thousands of such custom symbols. And each one has to be searched. It's stupid to even try to customize each symbol - lots, points, margin and so on. It has no effect on the fact of finding a pattern. But that said, the vast majority of TSs cannot cope with such a situation. And they are wrong, since they require artificial manual adjustment.

I don't have the right TS. The main reason is that switching to the correct logic can significantly increase the computational complexity of an EA. And this is critical in serious number crunching tasks. However, no one prevents you from having a TS that is at least somewhat close to the correct one.

fxsaber:

Sometimes I search for patterns between different characters. It comes down to building a custom symbol and optimizing some kind of TC on it. If there is an identifiable TC pattern there, then this method will find it. Having said that, it is obvious that the custom symbol could have been constructed inverted, for example. This is only a convention and does not affect the fact whether there is a pattern there or not.

It depends on who and where (through what program and with what settings) broadcasts these "connections" to you, whether the pattern will work) The "search" will have a limit - processing/execution time, response... Also, there's a strong dependence on volumes, whatever way you look at it. Imho.

Saber, I can see the desperation in you,

I hope it seemed

It's weird that you asked the public for their ideas.

Igor Makanu:

Where is your example? - did not find the search

ZS: EA under MT4 with tester grail immediately found , monitoring show

Your example, what example?! You were asked a specific question, what does it have to do with me!