Some signs of the right TCs - page 4

the unformalised problem of TC as a whole - much to speculate about, rightly wrongly

- If we multiply by the constant OHLC - we change the chart scale, is it correct?

- if we add a constant to OHLC - we change the level, we remove trading strategies by round levels - is it correct ?

if above is correct, then use affine transformation (pivot) for OHLC and visually assess the accuracy of EA entry by the peaks of the price series troughs - the chart will visually be the same

ZS: there was a code for affine transformation of selected price in KB, seems to be under MT4 only , but the code is very simple there

fxsaber:

At any time.

USDEUR_bid = 1 / EURUSD_ask

USDEUR_ask = 1 / EURUSD_bid

the subsequent reaction of the system to a 1 pip movement is different. This is what was meant.

Moreover, the straight-verse point is not a multiple (if you start dividing, you'll find a fractional part), which is something you've definitely seen in tick charts

fxsaber:

We are talking about a pattern between two assets. Broadcasting this pattern to the Terminal in the form of a ratio of asset values is just one way of conveying a market pattern.

The correct TS should care whether the transmission is forward, inverse or domino effected.

So how do we get the eur value? What should we express it in? You cannot find the value of one currency from a pair. And in what units is it worth? The pair is clear, the ratio of the value of the euro to the value of the pound, but how do we get back from the pair, these values?

to the original topic "signs of correct TS":

- there are sufficiently (subjectively for the owner) long profitable stretches when testing/operating

- there is a stopping criterion in the algorithm besides "no more money"

:-)

But seriously, there is only one criterion - "this thing makes money".

Everything else is vanity.

fxsaber:

Let me make it clear that we are talking about mathematical operations, not computer operations. That is, one third is one third. The root of PI is the root of PI.

I will also add that TC profitability/loss estimates are irrelevant to the topic. I'm sure everyone who has risen well with algotrading has used the wrong TS.

Yes, given those corrections - I agree with the initial statement.

But, what good is that if we can have one third of it markedly different from its mathematically accurate value ?

Maxim Kuznetsov:

to the original topic "signs of correct TS":

- there are sufficiently (subjectively for the owner) long profitable stretches when testing/operating

- The algorithm has a criterion for stopping other than "no more money

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Some signs of a good TS

fxsaber, 2020.02.28 06:34

I will also add that evaluating the profitability/loss of a TS is irrelevant to the topic. I'm sure everyone who has risen well with algotrading has used the wrong TS.

Georgiy Merts:

Yes, given these corrections - I agree with the initial statement.

But, what good is that if we have one third of it markedly different from its mathematically accurate value ?

The trick is to write TC logic that will mathematically conform to these rules.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

the subsequent reaction of the system to a 1-point movement is different. This is what was meant.

Moreover, the point forward and backward is not a multiple (if you start dividing, you will find a fractional part), but you saw it in the tick charts.

What does the term point have to do with a market pattern?

Maxim Romanov:
And how do we get the value of eur? What do we express it in? You cannot find the value of one currency in a pair. In what units is it worth? The pair is clear, the ratio of the value of the euro to the value of the pound, but how do we get back from the pair, these values?

Whatever you express the value of an asset in, it will always be a relationship to another asset.

fxsaber:

What does the term point have to do with market patterns?

i.e. we trade money and count it, and somewhere there are points and their price and lots :-) how precise will be the USDEUR quote, why and what is the trade lot ?

No, of course I accept that you trade on a graph of temperatures and build EAs for them. But then that's more on the hydrometcentre forum. By the way, didn't know MT was used there :-)

PS/ reverse quote is not the same as flipping the screen.