Looking for patterns - page 160

khorosh:

Well done! I guess you'll be paying off your credit soon? How many instruments do you trade?

Various, from 2 to 6 at the same time.

I try to trade less, but it all depends on the quality of the signal.

khorosh:

Well done! I guess you'll be paying off your credit soon? How many instruments are you trading? Have you quit your nuclear job yet?

Not yet, it's a long way off))) And they won't let you go.

A good memory is good)))

I will support Aleksey and just add - serious levels work out when there are serious people in the market.

If the euro-zone or the states are on holiday and most of them are not working, then there is no need to look at the levels.

Also, a breakdown of a psychological (very round or very old) level on Sidney is nonsense.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

No, not yet, far from it)))

Well then I wish you success, so that you can quit this dirty atom and concentrate on the intellectual work of a professional trader).

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I will support Aleksey and just add - serious levels work out when there are serious people in the market.

If the euro-zone or the states are on holiday and most of them are not working, then there is no need to look at the levels.

Also a breakdown of a psychological (very round or very old) level in Sydney is nonsense.

It is. Sydney is somewhere in Antarctica.)

khorosh:

Well then, best of luck to give up this dirty atom and concentrate on the intellectual work of a professional trader).

Thanks, on my way to that.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Different, from two to six at the same time.

I try to do less, but it all depends on the quality of the signal.

I don't mean simultaneously, but in general, how many instruments you look through to choose where your pattern appears.

khorosh:

I didn't mean at the same time, but in general how many instruments you look through to choose where your pattern appeared.

So far, 10.

Sometimes more, sometimes a little less.

But the main 6.

Let me explain. At the bottom of the terminal there are 10 pairs that are already set up properly and I look through them only.

When I have time, I select another pair and run it through the history for some years to check the signal quality.

And then it is added to the bottom of the terminal (if everything is OK).

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Also, the breakdown of a psychological (very round or very old) level in Sydney is nonsense.

A little more about "roundness": the levels of an inverse quote are also important. They may be lower or higher priority, but they are still important.

that is, right now on EURUSD round levels:

- on a forward quote of 1.19 1.18 - current level rounded up/down to cents

- and on the inverse = (1/1.18426 ~= 0.844) #1=1/0.84=1.190 almost exactly, #2=1/0.85=1.176

TOTAL, the level of 1.19 is very resistant to forward and backward moves (by the way, it was already broken off once), 1.18 is blurred and there will be dancing and arguing and is rather easy to overcome

--

it's just that in the real segment, not everything is counted in dollars.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

A little more about "circularity": reverse quote levels are also important. They may be lower or higher priority, but they are still important.

that is, right now on EURUSD round levels:

- on a forward quote of 1.19 1.18 - current level rounded up/down to cents

- and on the inverse = (1/1.18426 ~= 0.844) #1=1/0.84=1.190 almost exactly, #2=1/0.85=1.176

TOTAL, the level of 1.19 is very resistant to forward and backward moves (by the way, it was already broken off once), 1.18 is blurred and there will be dancing and arguing and is rather easy to overcome

--

it's just that in the real segment not everything is counted in dollars.

An indicator on the formula, please :)