what is a trend? - page 7

The trend is determined by how much you can earn in one direction relative to the spread (commission, etc.) and earnings in the opposite direction. If you cannot take almost anything from the trend with a good prediction, or the opposite conditional earnings (against the trend) is comparable, you can not consider it as such. Let's accept this convention, because this is the only one we are interested in.
Think of some criterion of possibility to earn from a trend in relation to different costs and the opposite of theoretical earnings. Below a certain value the price movement will not be considered as a trend, above - on the contrary, and so on. I think the essence of the idea is clear.

But there's no point in sorting out who's right and who's wrong, a trend has no specific definition, it's all determined by eye.
Here's Wikipedia:"A trend is a major trend in something".

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
But there is no point in figuring out who is right and who is wrong, a trend has no specific definition, everything is determined by eye.
Here's Wikipedia:"A trend is a major trend of change in something".

I showed a picture of how a trend is determined programmatically. I've already written about the eyeballs.)

Uladzimir Izerski:

I have shown in the picture how the trend is detected by the software. I have already written about the eyeballs).

Is the determination attached to profit? And what if the spread overlaps half of this trend? For example M1 on an illiquid market with a similar picture.

And I'm talking about a solution for real use in all situations in terms of possibly making money.

Wizard2018:

No.

YES! )

Uladzimir Izerski:

I see that many people have a different idea of what a trend is. And they don't take the classics in stride.

Makr from the search of regularities branch did not like this picture and led me out of the branch by the scruff of the neck)).

I showed the classic representation of the trend in the markets and how I see the trend myself.

If someone does not like it, I am not forcibly imposing it. You will not take me by the scruff of the neck.

===

What is the advantage of wave and trend analysis?

That you can enter the game on an already established environment. A trend is a strong movement and may last a very long time.

In a trend, waves always alternate between impulse and correction waves. But there is an alternation of waves impulsive after impulsive or corrective after corrective. Such combinations are not a trend.

If there is a trend and there is a corrective wave, there is a chance to successfully become trending.

I completely agree, that is why I don't even enter that thread, I'm not a psychiatrist)).

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
Is the definition attached to profit? And what if the spread overlaps half of this trend? For example M1 on a low liquid market with a similar pattern.

What is a trend?

We can talk about its use, but it is not a priority right now.

My opinion has been expressed. On each TF we may determine its own trend.

The trend of the younger TF may be just a wave of the older one, but that wave in the older TF may not be a trend wave, but a wave of expansion or collapse formation. I have this laid out and I want to bring it to you.

Несколько способов определения тренда на MQL5
Несколько способов определения тренда на MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
Любой трейдер знает правило "Тренд - твой друг, следуй за трендом", но практически каждый имеет свое представление о том, что из себя тренд представляет. Практически каждый трейдер слышал или читал ужасные истории, в которых рассказывается о том, как разорился трейдер, торговавший против тренда. Многие трейдеры отдали бы все за возможность...

Wizard2018:
It's better than "timeframes", but "something's still missing".

Non-linear quantization?

Strange that anyone doubts Uladzimir's picture) Let's move on to more realistic situations in the next poll)

Uladzimir Izerski:

What is a trend?

We can talk about its use, but it is not a priority right now.

My opinion has been expressed. On each TF we may determine its own trend.

The trend of the younger TF may be just a wave of the older one, but that wave in the older TF may not be a trend wave, but a wave of expansion or collapse formation. I have this laid out and I want to bring it to you.

Philosophy is not bad either.