How sad it is... - page 3

Vasily Temchenko:

You can only give a convincing answer by writing a robot with and without interface and asking the public to evaluate "which is better".
If those present here are able to accept this experiment on MQL4, I can prepare it in 15 minutes (breaking is not building).
Bottom line: with MT4, are you ready to evaluate the difference between the trading robot with and without GUI?
(It would not be superfluous to create a poll. And it should not involve programmers, but only users)

That's what I'm asking - WHICH "interface" are you missing?

Just put it into words !

Don't be so childish as to fall for a troll...

Vasily Temchenko:

The only convincing answer to that is to write a robot with and without interface and offer the public to evaluate "which is better".
If those present here can accept this experiment on MQL4, I can prepare it in 15 minutes (break and not build).
Bottom line: with MT4, are you ready to evaluate the difference between the trading robot with and without GUI?
(It would not be superfluous to create a poll. And it should not involve programmers, but only users)

Writing. The project is alive and growing. The only problem is, there is no local ecosystem for GUI, until there are no threads, and they, according to the developers, will not be, all GUI written in mql, initially is a crutch. When you pressed a button, the robot gets information not when you pressed it, but when the processing queue reaches the event. Further, the button needs to be processed in OnChartEvent() (think, if there is a calculation in the loop for 100500 thousand iterations), and the robot waits all this time, skips ticks, you press another button, but no, in the queue. So, I took a look at all this and started to learn Sharp with its windowsforms. And at the end of the day if the client will continue the project, that mql will be used only for trading functions, working with charts, that's what it has been created for, and the connection with the outside world, settings control, different charts and tables will be moved outside.

Vladimir Simakov:
Writing...

And the unenlightened peepshow?

I don't seem to understand something, or maybe I meant the interfaces in MQL5 specifically? Because in (familiar from A to Z) MQL4 I haven't noticed anything similar to described above.
If it's really true, it would explain a lot. I cannot judge due to complete ignorance. However, I was right, having intuitively concluded "stay away from it". Got away from the Five for the reason of "the interface doesn't work in the tester", which I was totally unhappy with.

Vasily Temchenko:

And the unenlightened faggots?

I don't seem to understand something, or maybe I meant specifically the interfaces in MQL5? Because in (familiar from A to Z) MQL4 I haven't noticed anything similar to the above described.
If it's really true, it would explain a lot. I cannot judge due to complete ignorance. However, I was right, having intuitively concluded "stay away from it". Got away from the Five for the reason of "the interface doesn't work in the tester", which I was totally unhappy with.

I have never understood why people need a GUI in a tester. Why should I write an automated system to be able to manually rotate something in an automated tester using GUI?

Vladimir Simakov:
You pressed a button and the robot knows about it not when you pressed it, but when consecutive processing queue reaches the event. Next, on the button, in OnChartEvent(), you have to take some actions (think, if there's calculation in loop for 100500 thousand iterations), and robot is waiting all that time, it skips ticks, you press another button, but no, in queue.

in MT you should not execute trade operations before the tick arrives, a lot will not work as expected

in OnChartEvent you have either to buffer user's clicks or save the last user's command and block GUI before a new tick comes - the second option, imho is preferable - not a computer "shoot game", and easier to implement - in SB all graphics elements are already customized for this scenario, minimum work

SZZ:GUI is not really a problem in MQL - you can do a lot, the problem is that I am too lazy to write each button, editable box, etc. by hand. It's like 2020, the time has come))))), and there are more interesting things.

Aleksey Mavrin:

I have never understood why people need a GUI in a tester. Why write automated systems, so that in an automated tester by hand to twist something through the GUI.

It is convenient to test manual TS, it is convenient to "tune" ATS in the tester, but I use WinForm on C# to do these desires faster, any form in 10-60 minutes can be attached to MQL5 from scratch

Aleksey Mavrin:

I have never understood why people need a GUI in a tester. Why write automated systems, so that in an automated tester you can use the GUI to twist something with your hands.

MQL programs are not only an auto sewing machine. There is also such type of programs as semi-automatic systems. There are trading and analytical panels, etc.

It is convenient to check their work in the tester.

And there is also a need in the tester to check the work of parts of the general algorithm. In different sequence of conditions. These conditions (in different sequence) are very convenient not to program each time in different sequence, compile and restart the visual tester, and control the occurrence of the required events using the buttons from the control panel. This simplifies the debugging of the program logic.

For as long as MT4 has been around, there has been no question of GUIs at all. It was a question of extending the capabilities of graphical objects somewhat. Now there is a real mass psychosis with this GUI. And some have gone even further - they are really fucking around on this subject

Dmitry Fedoseev:
For as long as MT4 has been around, there has been no question of GUIs at all. The question was about extending the capabilities of graphical objects. Now we have a mass psychosis with GUI. And some have gone even further - they are really fucking around on this topic.

The GUI psychosis is observed in those who are far away from trading. And the starters have no practice apart from MT

Artyom Trishkin:

Please read it:

And there:

Renat, there were only two people I envied: Jacques-Yves Cousteau and you. You both realized your dream.

Why drown the younger son if you think the older one is better?