Need clarify about draw down.

Dear All,

I am trying to find out some good trading strategy and putting my strategy on EA for back testing on my MT4 terminal.

I am little bit confused about draw down. In the report, here is two different report,

Absolute draw down & Relative draw down, 

Here absolute d/d means: d/d from initial deposit

And Relative d/d means: d/d from current balance / equity, Is that correct?

Please confirm me.

Thanks. 

Files:
EA_Test.jpg  107 kb

nirob76:

Dear All,

I am trying to find out some good trading strategy and putting my strategy on EA for back testing on my MT4 terminal.

I am little bit confused about draw down. In the report, here is two different report,

Absolute draw down & Relative draw down, 

Here absolute d/d means: d/d from initial deposit

And Relative d/d means: d/d from current balance / equity, Is that correct?

Please confirm me.

Thanks. 

Hi mate

The last post in this thread may explain it better...

Cheers 

MT4 Relative Drawdown - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MT4 Relative Drawdown - MQL4 forum

Thanks dear Filter for the support and now understand the difference.

Before post my any question, first I search in the forum to find out the match but could not find out.

Is there any easy way to search the relative key words / questions from forum? In the forum 6000+ post, So not possible to check page by page.

Would appreciate if you advice me the way.

Thanks and Rgds.

Pankaj 

nirob76:

Thanks dear Filter for the support and now understand the difference.

Before post my any question, first I search in the forum to find out the match but could not find out.

Is there any easy way to search the relative key words / questions from forum? In the forum 6000+ post, So not possible to check page by page.

Would appreciate if you advice me the way.

Thanks and Rgds.

Pankaj 

No prbs Pankaj. I already have a lot of forum posts bookmarked for popular topics which makes it easy ;) Also, the search functions on both MQL5.com and MQL4.com do work quite well. After you enter your search, don't forget to click in the left menu for just forum posts or just blog posts etc.

And of course, there are many helpful people on here who can help if you really can't find what you're looking for. And if all else fails.....google is your friend heheheh :)

Filter:

No prbs Pankaj. I already have a lot of forum posts bookmarked for popular topics which makes it easy ;) Also, the search functions on both MQL5.com and MQL4.com do work quite well. After you enter your search, don't forget to click in the left menu for just forum posts or just blog posts etc.

And of course, there are many helpful people on here who can help if you really can't find what you're looking for. And if all else fails.....google is your friend heheheh :)

Thanks a lot for your advice regarding searching options.

This community is my brother and google is my friend, So, I should knock for help first to my family, then friend, ha ha haa, Am I right?

Cheers.