Select a symbol in the settings - page 6

Aleksey Mavrin:

...explain HOW the metaquotes can make the MQL have a standard enum with a list of symbols of the broker and account to which they are currently connected...?

Easy. I've already given it several times here... The terminal always has this data. They are available in a ready form in the "market overview" window of the terminal.

You can take them from there in this ready form by pressing the right button>save....

And substitute them into the enum - bullshit question for the meta-quotes! Just like copypaste for me in principle.

Your system time is not an immutable constant, sewn into the language implicitly! It changes. !

Well, the list of symbols, let it also change, if it is variable from broker to broker set ...

When you connect it to an account. More often than not...

I happen to be pretty much done with programming. The solutions you propose look to me like, you know, child's play... Oh, I can write this and that... Oh, that's great)))

Me too, but my way of creating a single enum is better precisely because there's no need to complicate the code, you don't need to write anything. A few lines and mouse clicks and you always have a set of characters. AndBEFORE you start the program, in the settings window!

But even that is too much trouble for me, so I would like to have a ready-made enum)) That's all.

There's already enough to do. There's no need to increase it on the spot.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Check in and out on INIT_FAILED

There are not many currencies, many combinations of them.

I like your solution too) But it's more complicated than mine)

Well and all solutions with extra - unused items in the pair list, will take away "useful" runs from the tester. Which is also not unimportant.

Михаил:

A few lines and clicks of the mouse and you always have a character set. And BEFORE you even start the programme - it's in the settings window!

Yeah, and then run this code on another broker. Or even on the same one, after a while, when it has changed the list of available instruments.

Enam must be known at compile time. It is because of this that it can appear in the settings.

Of course, it would be convenient to connect some dynamic enamels, which would be generated by the terminal at the moment of startup and given to the Expert Advisor, but we can only dream about this.

Actually, becauseSymbolsTotal + SymbolName work in the tester, I don't see the point of enamels at all. You can go through the instruments by number or by any other criterion.

But solving the problem of preparing a list of instruments without reference to them at the beginning of each test would be interesting. But it's not relevant yet.

Михаил:

Easy. I've cited this several times here... The terminal always has this data. They are available in a ready-made form in the "market overview" window of the terminal.

You can take them from there in this ready form by pressing the right button>save....

And substitute them into the enum - bullshit question for the meta-quotes! Just like copypaste for me in principle.

Your system time is not an immutable constant, sewn into the language implicitly! It changes. !

Well, the list of symbols, let it also change, if it is variable from broker to broker set ...

When you connect it to an account. More often than not...

I happen to be pretty much done with programming. The solutions you propose look to me like, you know, child's play... Oh, I can write it this way and that way... Oh, that's great)))

Me too, but my way of creating a single enum is better precisely because there's no need to complicate the code, you don't need to write anything. A few lines and mouse clicks and you always have a set of characters. And BEFORE you start the program, in the settings window!

But even that is too much trouble for me, so I would like to have a ready-made enum)) That's all.

There's already enough to do. There's no need to add to it out of the blue.

Exactly - you don't get system time in the enum, you get it through the runtime function. Enum is a constant in the language and does not change throughout the whole lifetime of the program from the moment of its creation (compilation).

And all symbols are also available through the runtime function. There is no problem, it is only in your mind.

And it's unclear, what magical powers an enum can give you, except the search of all symbols (which is easy even without it). It's justan integer type too, you don't like numbers, so enum is just numbers. The fact that the language can display their names as strings during compilation is a nice addition. So, you chose some symbol in Enum preferences, so what? As Andrew has said - if you change the symbol set at the same broker, you're in trouble)))).

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Actually, thanks to the fact that SymbolsTotal + SymbolName work in the tester, I don't see the point of having an enum at all. You can go through the instruments by number or any other criteria.

But solving the problem of preparing a list of instruments without reference to them at the beginning of each test would be interesting. But it's not actual yet.

In general +! This is a question of architecture of the MQL-program - MT-tester combination. With the current architecture there are objective obstacles.

Aleksey Mavrin:

The highlighted is a question of the architecture of the MQL-program - MT-tester nexus. With the current architecture there are objective obstacles.

Yes, launching online for preparation + writing to file and then reading during testing is not the most beautiful (and not working in all cases) option.

But so far there is no desire to invent something.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Yes, running online for preparation + writing to a file and then reading while testing is not the prettiest (and not in all cases working) option.

But there's no desire to make something up yet.

This option will not give what TC craves, he wants to have a list in the form of enum before starting the tester.

And he doesn't even realize that what he really wants is not an enum, but a dynamic array of strings stored and maintained in the terminal and accessible from MQL programs at the language level (and not at runtime, as it is now).

Here the limitations of the architecture won't do. And why should they.

Aleksey Mavrin:

This option will not deliver what the TC craves

This is no longer about TC's task, it is about his own application.

Aleksey Mavrin:

... And he doesn't even realise that what he really needs is not an enum but a dynamic array of strings...

You're a telepath)) Congratulations!

I don't care what you call it enum or whatever.

Once again, I don't care about the name!

I'm talking about the point. There is no point. And there needs to be. If you don't understand why... well...

But you can debate and find out that humans are all irrational beings.

And your being here is probably irrational... But you're just interested and that's enough. I'm comfortable with that option. If anyone else is comfortable, let the developers know.

And don't rub it in that making what you have available is difficult. It is not. If it is so, the meta-quotes have organizational problems.

Aleksey Mavrin:

...Theconstraints of the architecture won't do here. And why....

Oops, this is interesting. Are you aware of the architecture of this environment... Have you decompiled or are you a representative of the meta-quotes?

Actually, we've been talking about nothing for a while now))

Михаил:

You're a telepath)) Congratulations!

Doesn't matter what you call it enum or whatever.

Once again, I don't care what you call it!

I'm talking about the point. There is no point. And there needs to be. If you don't understand why... well...

But you can debate and find out that humans are all irrational beings.

And your being here is probably irrational... But you're just interested and that's enough. I'm comfortable with that option. If anyone else is comfortable, let the developers know.

And don't rub it in that making what you have available is difficult. It is not. If it is, then the metaquotes have organisational problems.

Oops, this is interesting. Are you aware of the architecture of this environment... Have you decompiled or are you a representative of the metaquotes?

Actually, we've been talking about nothing for a while now))

1. it's already available.

2. i know, you don't have to be in MK or decompile for that

So let's end this conversation) Good luck!