Points VS Pips - page 113

Artyom Trishkin:

There's just documentation - it says it all, and it's very simple.

But people prefer to say some abstract things irrelevant to the subject - volatility..., walked..., ran..., rose/not rose... What is this all about? How does this relate to the definition of a point? How does this change simple 2nd grade maths?

And it's all in the same place - "you're wrong"... Can't you just do the math? Even on your fingers... By the way, I've told you everything on your fingers. But you prefer not to think, but to wander after the crowd of ignorant people. Come on, good luck.

What documentation, to the forex market?

Roman:

Do not use Point(), _Point, SYMBOL_POINT as it is called.
This function is for mathematical calculations, which shows the digits not in total value !
If you want to get the minimum price step, always use TickSize.
And if you want to know the point, find out from the specification of the asset how much TickSize is in one point, and multiply by this number in your code.
This is what everyone doing in forex: TickSize is multiplied by 10, and the Point() function is used to reduce it to integer value.

The Point() function in mql is a mathematical digit of a quote !!! Not a point !!!

Well, or for forex you can multiply Point() by 10, because Point() shows the minimum TickSize value on forex.
But for any other market, you cannot get a true point using the Point() function.
Because in other markets TickSize is not always equal to 0.00001

Actually it's the other way round... Points are in tixis, not the other way around.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Volatility has dropped by half in the last few years and it's an undeniable fact, if the Euro used to "walk" ~100pp a day lightly, today there's only half left.

But at your pips volatility has gone up 5x and gives you the opportunity to earn more?

Alright, I'm off to do some business. Stay deluded, but don't mislead others, please.

Pips do not equal money. Expressing profits in pennies does not make more money.

Vladimir Tkach:

Right! What's a tic? Let people work out the points first.

This is the minimum change in price. There are some symbols on which the price jumps once, not by 1 point, but by 5, for example.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

What kind of documentation, for the forex market?

You see, there is no documentation. Then what are you proving? Based on what? Based on your fantasies?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Volatility has dropped by half in the last few years and it's an undeniable fact, if the Euro used to "walk" ~100pp a day lightly, today there's only half left.

But at your pips volatility has gone up 5x and gives you the opportunity to earn more?

Alright, I'm off to do some business. Delude yourself further, but don't mislead others, please.

Do you measure volatility in pips?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

What documentation, to the forex market?

The documentation has all the definitions discussed in this thread. Well except for pips - that doesn't refer to the basic concepts.

And here is a person who kind of trades but still does not understand what a pip is and why entering a five digit quotation will have no effect on volatility and the resulting profit/loss, telling me that I am deluded ... Do not make my cat laugh - he already knows that a 1 pip change in four-digit quotes equals a 10 pip change in five-digit quotes, and both of these changes are exactly the same in money. Not more, not less, but equal.

One pocketed ruble(four-figure quote) = 10 pocketed 10 kopecks (five-figure quote). And the time spent is the same. The market is stalled until it jumps 1 pip, while the five-digit market moves at the same time - because the quote is 10 times more accurate.

How much of this elementary nonsense can you tell? What's wrong with you people? What is wrong with you?

Roman:

Don't shout so loudly, or they will start measuring GENERAL ELECTRIC shares here in points via Point(), which 0.2% of traders in the world know about.

Artyom Trishkin:

The documentation has all the definitions discussed in this thread. Well except for pips - that doesn't apply to the basic concepts.

And here is a person who sort of trades but still doesn't understand what a pip is and why entering a five digit quotation will have no effect on volatility and the resulting profit/loss, telling me I'm deluded ... Do not make my cat laugh - he already knows that a 1 pip change in four-digit quotes equals a 10 pip change in five-digit quotes, and both of these changes are exactly the same in money. Not more, not less, but equal.

One pocketed ruble (four-figure quote) = 10 pocketed 10 kopecks (five-figure quote). And the time spent is the same. The market is stalled until it jumps 1 pip, while the five-digit market moves at the same time - because the quote is 10 times more accurate.

How much of this elementary nonsense can you tell? What's wrong with you people? What is wrong with you?

Do not misinterpret the meaning of the word "point/pips/point"

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Don't shout so loudly, or they'll start measuring GENERAL ELECTRIC shares in pips using Point(), which 0.2% of the world's traders know about.

Don't twist the meaning of the word "pip/pips/point".

And tell us poor and weak what a point/pips/point is.

And yes, stock price changes on the stock exchange are expressed in points, which all but the self-proclaimed traders know about.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And tell us poor and weak what a pip/pips/point is.

And yes, changes in the stock market are expressed in pips, which all traders know about, except the self-proclaimed numbers.

Exactly in pips, whole numbers.
What a great invention a pip is both a fraction and an integer. cool