Points VS Pips - page 110

my understanding is .

who has 4 digits in the terminal 1 point = prices (1rub)

who has 5 digits in the terminal 1 point = price (10 kopecks)

only you wait until the 5 digits, reaches 10 pips = then the profit in rubles

Roman:

Do not use Point(), _Point, SYMBOL_POINT as it is called.
This function is for mathematical calculation, which shows the digits not in total value !
If you want to get the minimum price step, always use TickSize.

Artyom Trishkin:

Why are you telling me that? Have you read what I'm saying?

• A point is the minimal and indivisible gradation of a quote, returned to MQL by the appropriate Point() function. It always corresponds to the very last decimal place.
    Has a corresponding SYMBOL_POINT identifier in SymbolInfoDouble().
  • "Pips" is a slang expression (it does not exist in Russian and is an Anglicism) that comes from the English-speaking segment, and every Russian-speaker interprets it in their own way for some reason, as this branch shows.
    According to the descriptions - the calculated value that can be obtained using the mathematical calculations in MQL. Any trader can calculate his own pip value in MQL, and use it in accordance with his notions of correctness of the value, which in his opinion should be displayed by pip.
    The corresponding identifiers and functions in MQL have never had, do not have, and should not have.
  • A tick is an instrument price change event.
  • The tick size is the minimum change of an instrument's price. Often corresponds to a pip, but may or may not have to correspond to the value of a pip. The value can be obtained in MQL.
    It has a corresponding identifier SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE of the SymbolInfoDouble() function.

What other basic things should I tell you?

Tell me where my point is?

It's yen if anything, it's been hovering in the trade for about 3 hours

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Tell me where my point is?

It's the yen if you know what, it's been in the trade for about three hours.

How am I supposed to know in what zupics they're quoting there. What does it say on the specs?

I've realized that trading with 5 digits is much more efficient and convenient.

I remember before there were no 5 signs, only 4. While the price is standing on 4 signs, 5 signs allows you to slip just fine.

In mt5, in 5 signs it's just a masterpiece, you can see every breath of price..... it's true that there are problems with the performance of advisers.... but that's for now.

Vyacheslav Dobrynin Don't rub salt in my wound

Artyom Trishkin:

How am I supposed to know in what zupics they quote there? What does it say on the specs?

OK, it's an Audi, but I'm off the market for it.

Now a question:

There's 4 digits here and that's fine. You'll have 5 digits, that's normal too. Let's open a position at the same time. You'll pips your 50 pips and I'll hold a bit and earn only 10 pips. But in the end I got half as much as you.

And why are you bothering with these points? You don't even have to think about it. Brokers writefloating spread
from 0.1 point... they don't write from 1 point.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

OK, it's an Audi, but I'm off the market for it.

Now a question:

There are 4 digits here and that's fine. You'll have 5 marks, that's normal too. Let's open a position at the same time, you're going to pinch your 50 pips and I'm going to hold back a little and earn only 10 pips? But in the end, I made half as much as you.

No. For example, you open two orders with 4 and 5 pips. On 4 pips, the spread is usually 2. That means you wait for a price that is higher than 2 pips (for the spread) and on the 5, the spread is 1.2 (for example) and in the end, the spread is 1.3 for 4 pips, but there is still 7 hundredths (for 5 pips) that you can earn.

Forex2424:
You don't even have to think about it. Brokers write floating spread
from 0.1 point... they don't write from 1 point.

Everyone and everywhere says so - it has been generally accepted since the birth of the market itself. But there are also those who are unfamiliar with it and don't want to broaden their horizons.