Points VS Pips - page 106

But here's a refill.

There is indeed an embarrassment of understanding. And I even know why. The two articles in the God-sent tablets of modern truth in Russian and in English are as different as a Negro from a sworn white oppressor.

The article in English puts it all in perspective: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentage_in_point and it implies that point and pip are two different things.

The article in Russian, which corresponds to it, confuses the hell out of it: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%BA%D1%82_(%D1%8D%D0D0%BA%D0BE%D0BD%D0BE%D0%BC%D0%D0B8%D0%BA%D0%B0). It has come to pass that both point and pip in Russian are translated by the same word - point. This does not correspond to reality.

And the English article has a remark to that effect: A pip is sometimes confused with the smallest unit of change in a quote, i.e. the tick size. Currency pairs are often quoted to four decimal places, but the tick size in a given market may be, for example, 5 pips or 1/2 pip.

SeriousRacoon:

That's what we're talking about, they're two different things.
We should catch some Anglo-Saxon here and ask him, is there a difference?

Vladimir Baskakov:
That's what we're talking about, they're two different things.
We should catch some Anglo-Saxon here and ask him, is there a difference?
From reading forexfactory - they usually use pips, the 5 mark is usually called a point or tick.

SeriousRacoon:
From reading forexfactory - they usually use pips, the 5 mark is usually called a point or tick.
Also, the machine has wheels. The ones to roll on and the one to hold on to. Everything else in it is gizmos.

Artyom Trishkin:
The car also has wheels. The one to roll on and the one to hold on to. Everything else in it is stuff.

A junkie walks by, sees a boy crying in the sandpit. He walks up and asks:

- What are you crying for?

- I lost my car.

The junkie hands him a syringe...

- Here, here's your car.

The boy looks at the syringe, twists it...

- Where are the wheels?

The junkie hands him the pills...

Here come the wheels. Poor extortionist.

Artyom Trishkin:
The car also has wheels. The one to roll on and the one to hold on to. Everything else in it is gizmos.
No, that's not convincing. I should have appealed to the fact that the tick is also a "tick", and they are quite small )))

SeriousRacoon:
No, it's not convincing. I should have appealed to the fact that tick is also a "tick" and they are quite small )))

That's it, we've been fed, waiting for the second wave - about the tick and everything connected with it.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

That's it, we've been fed, waiting for the second wave - about the tick and everything connected with it.

I was sitting with a moose yesterday -
Got hit by a tick!

Give me two hundred! ))

SeriousRacoon:

I was sitting with a moose yesterday -
I got hit by a stop tick!

Give me two 100s! ))

There are times when the opposite is true. I don't know what to call it. What's the take here?

Looked at five monitoring services, all pips pips pips, no Point, nowhere