Points VS Pips - page 12

Сергей Таболин:

Only a dumb person would not know what they are talking about and would be enthused. A normal person will initially understand that since almost all quotes today are in 5 digits, it is these points that we are talking about.

And if you want to be understood by fools as well, then just write in brackets: 100 pips per day (at the 5-digit level).

It's like they're looking for EAs with 100% profit per week, and you say t

Vladimir Baskakov:
How else to say. Let's say I write that my trading system makes 100 pips a day. Everyone is like this: Wow, cool! Then it turns out that 100 pips on a five-digit chart.
And if I had said 100 piros, it would have been clear at once

I would know what you're talking about, and so would anyone else who knows about points. But schoolchildren, they would get it - they have a lot of signs of how many pips I lost through no fault of their own, and "look how many pips I made, not the same as suckers with pips...".

Artyom Trishkin:

I would know what you're talking about, and others who are aware of the points would too. But schoolchildren, they would get it - they have a lot of signs of how many pips I've lost through no fault of their own, and "look how many pips I've made, not like the pips suckers...".

I think that's jargon, and pips is a normal term. It is just not used in writing programs. But MQ is no stranger to it.

Artyom Trishkin:

Get it through your head. How do you divide the indivisible? A pip is the minimum indivisible value of a quote. It cannot be divided according to its own definition. That's why pips (slang expression) = pips. It's the same thing. But once someone very incomprehensible in understanding this reality, for his own understanding (deeply mistaken, by the way) introduced the definition of a pip - it is the fifth sign in a quote, and then the fun started happening - each of the same cohort of misunderstanding began to construct his own definition and value of this "pip" and convince others in correctness of his theory. But the pip has not ceased to be a pip. In any market. The minimum value is the point, no matter how many digits are in the quotation value after the decimal point. If they start quoting in 20-digit quotes, don't start making up names for the sixth, seventh, tenth, and twentieth digits - it's stupid. The twentieth digit will be one point. And the rest is from clever people.

What makes you think it's the minimum not divisible? It's as indivisible as 1 lot.

It was indivisible 10 years ago and now 1 pip is 10 pips whether you like it or not.

When a person tells you 100 pips, do you ask again in 4 or 5 digits? Don't be ridiculous...

When they say 100 pips it's 100 pips in 4 digits and in 100 pips it's 10 pips...

Vladimir Baskakov:
I think turkey is jargon and pips is the normal term. It is just not used when writing programmes. But MQ is no stranger to it.

How can you use something that isn't there?

Pips == Point == Point.

Whatever you call it, Volga, Don, Mississippi, Berezina, Ussa, Nyoman.... - it's all rivers.

Vladimir Baskakov:
I think that turkey is jargon and pips is a normal notion. It is just not used when writing programs. But MQ is not alien to it and uses it.

Both 'owl' and 'pips' are slang expressions. For the record, "owl" is no more reliable than an advisor. Do you agree with that? And an "indicator" cannot be more accurate than an indicator.

But comrades made a mess with points for some reason. And, yes, I do not support the use of slang notation - it's not serious, and I would get rid of it if I were MetaQuotes. By the way, I'm sure that for them point and "pips" have an equal sign between them. But such assumptions in their publications allow the appearance of idle fictions with serious statements and disagreements on a level playing field. This is not good.

Look how many different versions of "pips" have been published in this thread. And in turn there is documentation and an unambiguous designation of the item. That is all. There are no other concepts really. They are only in their heads, just like "ruin" according to Professor Preobrazhensky.

Vladimir Pastushak:

What makes you think it's the minimum not divisible? It's as indivisible as 1 lot.

It was indivisible 10 years ago and now 1 pip is 10 pips whether you like it or not.

When a person tells you 100 pips, do you ask again in 4 or 5 digits? Don't be ridiculous...

When they say 100 pips it's 100 pips in 4 digits and in 100 pips it's 10 pips...

That's where these statements come from? Your personal view of the world order is not the fact that it is.

Show me where exactly is this officially confirmed from MQ?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Because it's indivisible. Read the reference - it's as simple as that.

In a lot, by its own definition, fractional values are allowed. A point is not.

100 pips == 100 "pips" - it's the same thing. A point is the name, "pips" is the slang term for a point. It is not a value. It is the name of a value.

I got tired of kindergarten. Gone. When you grow up, you will see how simple everything is, however, and without fictitious entities.

Artyom Trishkin:

You've got to understand already. How can you divide the indivisible? A point is the minimum indivisible value of a quote. It can no longer be divided according to its own definition. Therefore, pips (slang expression) = pips. It's the same thing. But once someone very incomprehensible in understanding this reality, for his own understanding (deeply mistaken, by the way) introduced the definition of a pip - it is the fifth digit of a quote, and then the fun started happening - each of this cohort began to construct his own definition and meaning of this "pip" and convince others in correctness of his theory. But the pip has not ceased to be a pip. In any market. The minimum value is the point, no matter how many digits are in the quotation value after the decimal point. If they start quoting in 20-digit quotes, don't start making up names for the sixth, seventh, tenth, twentieth digits - it's stupid. The twentieth digit will be one point. And the rest is from clever people.

One is just a divisible value ))
Five digits used to not exist at all.

1.3264-1 pip

And the clever *** forex bankers decided to divide a pip by 10 for retail

.32649-10 pips (slang)

The entry threshold has decreased, and retailers poured a river of grannies ))
And they also have 1:500 leverage, let them take the plunge )))
I can't believe this.

In fact, let them count in parrots at least))
The main thing is that they do not leak, but they earn.

Artyom Trishkin:

Because it's indivisible. Read the help - it's as simple as that.

In a lot, by its own definition, fractional values are allowed. A point is not.

100 points == 100 "pips" - it's the same thing. A pip is a name. It is not a value. It is the name of a value.

I'm tired of kindergarten. Gone. When you grow up, you will see how simple everything is, however, and without fictitious entities.

Pleasantly surprised by your patience ))))