Evaluating CPU cores for optimisation - page 18

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The FX had 8 cores, but the coprocessors had 4.

By a wide margin, 8 :)

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What kind of Expert Advisor isTree_Brut_TestPL.mq5 "?

yes

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
Looked at the M1, single thread is very good. Multithreading is weak, looks like not all cores are the same, or they sell 4 cores as 8, that's what AMD used to do in FX. There are 4 energy efficient cores there, then it all adds up.

It's probably how the battery lasts longer, it's the same with cell phones.

multithreading is strong there too.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It's probably how the battery lasts longer, it's the same with cell phones.

The multistream is strong there too.
In the release it was announced that the m1 has 4 strong and 4 energy efficient

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
In the release it was announced that 4 strong and 4 energy efficient cores of m1

I've just skimmed the results above, the variation in cores is at most 15 per cent. That's probably about the difference.

Aleksey Vyazmikin :

The test is open source Expert Advisors working in the "Mathematical calculations" mode.

Post the results here following the example of other users.

Can I ask your opinion about what would you choose for CPU, Ryzen 7 5800X or Ryzen 9 5900x? I'm aware 5900x has 4 cores more than 5800x and is more expensive, but they both are Zen 3 tech and both perform equally excellent in single-core tests. Do I need to pay more for 4 extra cores? or 5800x with 8 cores is sufficient for EA tasks and back-testing? (I have 64GB of G.skill Ripjaws RAM, 1T of EVO Plus 970 SSD).

I would be really appreciated if you help me with this.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Yes

Did you set the passages to 8?

So far the result is on par with the FX-8350 with 4 co-processors (agents).

eeeeeeehsan:

Can I ask your opinion about what would you choose for CPU, Ryzen 7 5800X or Ryzen 9 5900x? I'm aware 5900x has 4 cores more than 5800x and is more expensive, but they both are Zen 3 tech and both perform equally excellent in single-core tests. Do I need to pay more for 4 extra cores? or 5800x with 8 cores is sufficient for EA tasks and back-testing? (I have 64GB of G.skill Ripjaws RAM, 1T of EVO Plus 970 SSD).

I would be really appreciated if you help me with this.

If you will be actively optimizing, go for more cores. Time is the most precious thing we have.

I need to test it in 4 more threads, the result should be good. Although this EA is quite extreme :)

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Have you set the passages to 8 in the settings?

So far the result is on par with the FX-8350 with 4 co-processors (agents).

Yes. But on mac everything (mt5) works through emulator, so test is kinda dirty. In fact it beats Intel 7 and Raisen 9 or somewhere close depending on the task