Asynchronous and multi-threaded programming in MQL - page 20

Реter Konow:

What makes you think that something is inefficient or doesn't work for me? Go to my profile and see how things work. It's because it's working and evolving that I assume multithreading is needed soon.

Well, great! Why do you need multithreading? - I don't even know how to explain it yet, I wrote above that it hurts, I wrote above that it's a shot in the leg... )))

it's not a problem to put a task in a separate thread, the problem is to do the reverse task - to collect everything in one place! - And it doesn't matter what language this task will be run in, there are design patterns for asynchronous tasks, they make the job easier, but with multi-threaded applications controlling these threads is a headache for developer, if you don't check readiness of calculation - you get a bug that will appear at some unknown time, you don't delete unused thread, but you create a new one every time - it eats up system resources...

Or do you think that your code written for one thread in MQL can become multithreaded? - Just drop the #property multithreading directive in the top and voila! )))

Igor Makanu:

why do you need multithreading? - I don't even know how to explain it yet, wrote that it hurts, wrote above that it's a shot in the leg... )))

it's not a problem to put a task in a separate thread, the problem is to do the reverse task - to collect everything in one place! - And it doesn't matter what language this task will be run in, there are design patterns for asynchronous tasks, they make the job easier, but with multi-threaded applications controlling these threads is a headache for developer, if you don't check readiness of calculation - you get a bug that will appear at some unknown time, you don't delete unused thread, but you create a new one every time - it eats up system resources...

Or do you think that your code written for one thread in MQL can become multithreaded? - Just drop the #property multithreading directive in the top and voila! )))

Do you understand that it is physically impossible to do everything in one thread? Yes, there will be difficulties in the code, bugs and new problems. But there are cases where it cannot be otherwise. How can you calculate three-dimensional visualization, communicate with the server and do parallel trading in one thread? So, we have calculated the entire visualization, then received/sent a message to the server, then calculated trailing position, then made lots of other calculations, and all in turn? Seriously... What if one of operations gets stalled, or value during visualization exceeds array limits? Total crash of the whole thing?

I understand that there are difficulties associated with multithreading. But, I want to evolve, and I'm trying to secure space in advance. And I'm not the only one.

Реter Konow:

I understand that there are difficulties associated with multithreading. But, I want to evolve, and I'm trying to secure space in advance. And I'm not the only one.

Don't you have any other directions of development besides MKL? That's a very one-sided development you are planning for yourself).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Aren't there any other areas of development besides MCL? That's a very one-sided development you're planning for yourself.)

Well, if only to sell cakes)).

The other niches are occupied and everything is ploughed over there. The only thing I could say is a new word in AI issues, but you need to grow to that; otherwise, all software niches are occupied by giants and there is a sea of competitors. At least there is some space left here.

Реter Konow:

Well, if only to sell cakes.)

The other niches are occupied and everything is ploughed over there. I could only say a new word in the questions of AI, but you have to grow up to it. As for the rest all the niches are occupied by software giants and there is a lot of competitors. At least there is some space left here.

Why are you busy? You can write TC in C++/C#, Java and Python are also at your service). There are a lot more possibilities than in MCL. And, if you want to sell, you've got a lot more to do with Market. And you're putting yourself into the rigid framework of MKL and Market. Why? The rest of the world is just as beautiful.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Why are they busy? You can write TC in C++/C#. There are a lot more possibilities than in MKL. And if you want to sell, there's a lot more to Market.

There's no space there. Need a GUI? You're welcome!)) Need functions? - Here are the libraries. You name it, you've got it. I am not interested in the TC itself. I am interested in creating a new one, and how to create it, if it has already been created? And here is an untouched niche. "An island of savages" figuratively speaking). All the software here is weak compared to its counterparts in other languages. You can grow here. And business can be done...

Реter Konow:
There is no place for it. Do you need GUI? Yes, please!)) If you need functions, here are the libraries. Whatever you think of, you've got it all. I am not interested in the TC itself. I am interested in creating a new one, and how to create it, if it has already been created? And it hasn't been created yet. This is an untouched niche. All the software here is weak compared to its counterparts in other languages. You can grow here. And business can be done...

You're wrong. You can't do business here. You can collect pennies from Market or freelancing, but there's no point.

SZY Why should I, hypothetically, your GUI, etc., when it can be written in two stitches in Sharp or Python? The user, moreover, doesn't care what it's written in, he needs functionality, not the specifics of implementation. I.e. a programmer does not need such products, but a user does not care, he cares about the price, and it is certainly cheaper and more functional in Sharp.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

You're wrong. You can't do business here. You can collect pennies from Market or freelancing, but there's no point.

And I don't care. What matters to me is that at least here I can say a new word and be the first. And in the outside world, I'll be 1000000001 first.)) That's not my destiny.

Shit. If you want multithreading, "mature" languages are your help. Well, the multithreading doesn't look good in mql. Asynchronous CopyRate and CopyBuffer would be nice, but analog of std::thread in mql is useless. IMHO.

Vladimir Simakov:
Man, if you want multithreading, "mature" languages are your help. But multithreading in mql doesn't look good. Asynchronous CopyRate and CopyBuffer would be nice, but analog of std::thread in mql is useless. IMHO.

They can't 'adult'. With "adults" they are not allowed into the Market. MQL only and forever.