Asynchronous and multi-threaded programming in MQL - page 18

Koldun Zloy:

Callbacks are usually implemented with function pointers. There are pointers to the function in MQL.

Rumor has it that ) was planned, but then the MCs abandoned it.
What I bought for, I sell for).

Igor Makanu:

Once again you show that you are out of practice on this issue too )))) - You cannot assess end user needs without interaction with users! - i.e. user testing, you need a large group of users, didn't you threaten to launch your GUI in Market? - Or somewhere else? - Did I miss something, is the testing already going on?

Your vision is "right", can be radically different from what the end users want, and as is often the case, it can be exactly the opposite. Henry Ford "If I asked people what they wanted, they would ask for a faster horse" ;)

PS: I've already gone through it, the story is trivial: for myself, I always write a fixed-lot trade in TS, on the forums if I write TS for users, in 4 cases out of 5 the end result the user needs in the form of trading % of the deposit, I once did not understand why I always look robustness TS in the form of drawdown and profitability graph balance, and the user is not interested, it turned out that they are interested in the final outcome of the TC for the period, ie.i.e. "this is how much money we can get" ))))

one more time: answer the question, why does the trading terminal need it?

My opinion: multi-threading, moreover asynchronous, is evil! - Not a developer in his right mind and brain will go for multithreading when it is possible to write a linear structured code with an event-oriented model.

https://habr.com/ru/post/266969/

You may speculate a lot.

But the essence will not change. Above Yuriy Asaulenko demonstrated the thesis that leads to the collapse of the entire business built on algorithmic trading. I don't know where people get this logic from, but it seems that you are thinking in the same way. "We do not need it, it's redundant, let's lock ourselves in our backyard and let's carry water by koramil. It is a matter of psychology, because logic cannot explain the rejection of opportunities and aspirations to occupy new niches. But that is exactly what you are demonstrating.

Реter Konow:

You can talk about it a lot.

But the essence will not change. Above Yuriy Asaulenko demonstrated the thesis that leads to the collapse of the entire business built on algorithmic trading. I don't know where people get this logic, but it seems that you think in the same way. "We do not need it, it's redundant, let's lock ourselves in our backyard and let's carry water by koramil. It is a matter of psychology, because logic cannot explain the rejection of opportunities and aspirations to occupy new niches. But that is exactly what you are demonstrating.

It's a cool business, a colleague was just here writing https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/190697. Is there even a need for one?

Просто статистика
Просто статистика
  • www.mql5.com
Данные брал из сервиса сигналов на текущий момент. Стата только по тем сигналам, которые видно на витрине...

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Rumour has it that ) was planned, but then the MCs abandoned it.
What I buy, I sell for).

Here's

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Пользовательские типы
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Пользовательские типы
  • www.mql5.com
//|                                                Panel_Buttons.mq5 | //|                        Copyright 2017, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|                                             https://www.mql5.com | //| defines                                                          |  INDENT_LEFT                         (11)      ...

Koldun Zloy:

Here

Yes, they are there in the docs, but not in reality. As far as I understood.
Volchansky wrote about it, and Renat replied to him.
In general, I find it hard to imagine why callbacks are needed in a single-threaded program with no interaction with third-party software.

Vict:

It's a cool business, a colleague wrote nearby https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/190697. Is there even a need for one?

That's another question. Personally, it's clear to me why everyone is merging. But that's not the point. No matter how bad business is, people need to know the logic of business, right? Understand that business is all about competition and competition, and you have to carve out niches before they are taken over by others. It's obvious, isn't it?

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Yes, it's in the docks, but not in reality. As far as I understood.
Volchansky wrote about this and Renat wrote back to him.

I don't know, I've been using mcl colbacks, I think.

Vict:

I don't know, I used to use colbucks in µl, I think.

There's no way to directly call an ICL function from a DLL. Not in any way. Then what's a callback?
What's the point of having it at all, in a single threaded program.

Реter Konow:
That's another question. Personally, it's clear to me why everyone is merging. But that's not the point. No matter how bad business is, people need to know the logic of business, right? Understand that business is all about competition and competition, and you have to carve out niches before they are taken over by others. It's obvious, isn't it?

I see. So I'm going to start bookmarking (for junkies) before that niche is taken over by others.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
The ICL function cannot be called directly from the DLL. Not in any way. Then what is the callback?

Well it's yes, toy callbacks, no argument.