What should the price glass be like? - page 3

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So the point is to fill up through the glass with limits.

I have made an assistant advisor for myself, which basically solves this problem.

I did not suggest a solution. It's just a matter of opinion.
Yes, everything would be more convenient through the glass.

OK. Buy, sell duplicate keys. I don't understand about the refill. What flies off and why? What do you have to do to make it stick? Can you be more specific?

Реter Konow:
OK. Buy, sell duplicate keys. I don't understand about the refill. What flies off and why? What do you have to do to keep it from flying off? Can you be more specific?

A set stop on refill is removed from the cup. We have to set it again.
There was also a suggestion about the take. Instead of the usual take, put a limit switch that will cover the position.
And by keys, on position flip also to do.

prostotrader:

The whole world uses this particular tumbler configuration, BUT

The whole world is the ones sitting on Quiсk?

prostotrader:

It's obvious from the drawing that you've never worked with a tumbler.

What are you picking on the man for? The glass is correctly depicted: the asc is at the top, the bid is at the bottom, which is the main thing. Therefore, how it is clear that the man has never worked with the glass is unclear, probably telepathic abilities;)

Реter Konow:

I am writing a price tumbler for the CODO BASE and am confronted with a misunderstanding of what it should be. I drew the standard base - three columns, ask, bid and price. But what to add further to it?

Who knows, please advise.

Here is the draft.

First, try to look at Bondar's Pivot, which is a very good scalper's cup with interesting graphics. I also have an article titledLet's write a scalper price chart based on CGraphic library. You can also get ideas from this material.

In general, the first people who should be asked are those who use the glass. It's about 1-2% of all traders. For example, I'm not one of them, but sometimes I have to close positions on the thin market, and I cannot do that without the market maker. That's why I personally miss the mechanism of liquidity analysis. It's described in my articleHow to protect yourself and your EA when trading at Moscow Exchange, but the market that implements the analysis of current liquidity and controls the value of the slippage limit has not yet appeared. So if you find this idea interesting, you can implement it.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Well, you should primarily ask those who use the market maker. This is approximately 1-2% of all traders. For example, I do not belong to them, but sometimes I have to close positions on the thin market and in this case I cannot do without the market maker. That's why I personally miss the mechanism of liquidity analysis. It's described in my articleHow to protect yourself and your EA when trading at Moscow Exchange, but the market that implements the analysis of current liquidity and controls the value of the slippage limit has not yet appeared. So if you find this idea interesting - you can implement it.
Yes, I am interested in this idea. Thank you. I am interested to get into details of working with the glass and understand what is what. I have completely forgotten about many things. I glanced at the article, but will study it carefully.

Put a field of marginal slippage value? How do you calculate it?

Liquidity analysis is still foggy. What should it consist of?

Andrey Gladyshev:

The set stop is removed from the glass when refilling. It has to be placed again.
There was also a suggestion to set a limit. Instead of the usual limit, we should set a limit switch that will cover the position.
And on the keys, to flip the position.

I see. Okay. So, adding the lot should change the take and stop, not delete them. Right?

Andrey Gladyshev:

There was also a suggestion about the take. Instead of the usual limit switch, we should put a limit switch, which will cover the position.
And on the keys, on position reversal, too.

Position flip is not a problem. But I do not understand the limiter. Isn't the limit itself a limiter?