A purely theoretical question for mathematicians. With the possibility of moving to the practical plane. - page 4

Сергей Таболин:

Let's do it a little differently.

Here's not a zig-zag. Purely visually connected the tops of the "trends".

Here is without any knees at all.

I would like to calculate the interdependence of price movement on the marked segments.

The zig-zag has been cited purely for clarity. Sorry again, I'm not a mathematician, I'm not familiar with special terms.

Thank you. I understand you. I look forward to understanding in return - no more comments like that. OK?

Start simple, with basic visual statistics.

Construct a 3-dimensional histogram of the zigzag (you can do it in Excel) - in X time with an accuracy of 10 (for example) bars, in Y - the high-low difference with an accuracy of 500 points, in Z - how many times it occurred.

Then you may make samples by conditions - the same thing, but provided that the previous move of the zigzag is at least 1000 points.

and so on...

Oleg Mamchenko:
Algebra I think you can not help here, just take the correlation formula.Correlation coefficient by Pearson or Spearman. They will tell you if there is a correlation or not. To be able to calculate the series you need a hypothesis formula and then check its convergence or non convergence.

In this case it is the formula for finding relationships in a chain of given values that is needed. I do not believe that this is an unsolvable problem. And after that you can build, as you said, formula-hypothesis and check it.

Сергей Таболин:

In this case it is the formula for finding relationships in a chain of given values that is needed. I do not believe that this is an unsolvable problem. And after that you can build, as you said, formula-hypothesis and check it.

So take Pearson's or Spearman's formula, it is impossible to describe them here (on the forum) - there is no symbolism))

Oleg Mamchenko:

So take Pearson's or Spearman's formula, they cannot be described here (on the forum) - there is no symbolism))

Can I get the link?

And there is no way to decompose this formula into simpler components? )))

Сергей Таболин:

Can I get a link?

And can you decompose this formula into simpler components? )))

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8F%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F You must have values from the two columns n1 - m1 \ n2 - m2 \...etc, and at least 6 values.

Oleg Mamchenko:

So take Pearson's or Spearman's formula, they cannot be described here (on the forum) - there is no symbolism))

They have already been described here dozens of times

https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=spearman

+ The keyword=spearman and the English code base - if not enough will be enough.

SZS: somewhere was still a library of R - there should be ready-made, Alglib surprised me, there is no it - checked the first

Поиск - MQL5.community
Поиск - MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Поиск выполняется с учетом морфологии и без учета регистра. Все буквы, независимо от того, как они введены, будут рассматриваться как строчные. По умолчанию наш поиск показывает страницы...

Igor Makanu:

They have been described here dozens of times

https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=spearman

+ english code base - if not enough

ZS: somewhere was still a library R - there should be ready-made, Alglib surprised me, there is no it - checked the first

I have a good working relationship with Spearman.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/460 It seems to be very clear here
Коэффициент ранговой корреляции Спирмена - Spearman's Rank Correlation
Коэффициент ранговой корреляции Спирмена - Spearman's Rank Correlation
  • www.mql5.com
Реальный автор: Данный индикатор является одним из вариантов осцилляторов, но по сравнению со стохастиком, является более гладким, не имея при этом запаздывания в точках разворота. Коэффициент ранговой корреляции Спирмена - это непараметрический метод, который используется с целью статистического изучения связи между явлениями. В этом случае...

Igor Makanu:

you can, but not for all series, study

this is number theory - a branch of mathematics that deals simply with mathematical manipulation and the search for patterns between numbers (rows)

there's one of these - on the shelf...

Сергей Таболин:

In this case, what is needed is a formula for finding relationships in a chain of given values. I do not believe that this is an unsolvable problem. And only after that you can build, as you said, formula-hypothesis and check it.

There is no such magic formula. You just have to look for a pattern. You have to select one plot, look for it in the whole story and see if it corresponds to the continuation. And so on with all the pieces of data.