Questions on the SI language - page 7

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Why are you so insignificant? Go and squeeze out your pimples.

Go ahead and mop, I see your heart is racing, your palms are sweating, don't hold it in, when you face life, you'll get over it, but for now, don't hold it in, it's not good for you.

Does ++ inherit memory and pointers from c? So it turns out that ++ is already a bit slower, or not?

I like SI, I enjoy getting to know it. The memory operation is only complicated at first glance, I mean, for common tasks it's not difficult.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Does ++ inherit memory and pointers from c? So it turns out that ++ is already a bit slower, or not?

++ is a logical extension of C and the performance itself ultimately depends on the compiler vendor, within a single compiler you're unlikely to get a difference in performance between C and ++

SZZ: in last 5-10 years even toy manufacturers had given up on productivity of their products, they make such games that hardware developers can not keep up with them, I think for your tasks the difference in several hundred clock cycles of one processor core will not be so noticeable))))

Igor Makanu:

++ is a logical continuation of C, and the performance in the end depends on the compiler manufacturer, within one compiler you are unlikely to get a difference in performance between C and ++

SZZ: in last 5-10 years even toy manufacturers have given up on productivity of their products, make such games that hardware developers can not keep up with them, I think for your tasks a difference in several hundred clock cycles of one processor core will not be very noticeable))))

Try, for example, to do some MSMS research with that python library on your notebook :) where there are tens of thousands of iterations of the same kind. And think that sometimes you need to do it in realtime or in a tester

while even good games run smoothly on an ultrabook

Igor Makanu:

++ is a logical continuation of C, and the performance in the end depends on the compiler manufacturer, within one compiler you are unlikely to get a difference in performance between C and ++

SZZY: in last 5-10 years even toy manufacturers had given up on productivity of their products, make such games that hardware developers can not keep up with them, I think for your tasks the difference in several hundred clock cycles of one processor core will not be very noticeable))))

As far as I know almost all engines are written in pluses and especially critical parts are written in C. Moreover, assembler inserts are very much used too.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

well, try doing some MSMS research with that python library on a laptop, for example :)

Python is an interpreter, there can't even be a comparison with compiled code - the compiled code will eventually be converted into processor instructions, the interpreter runs in its virtual machine

Vladimir Simakov:
As far as I know almost all engines are written in pluses, and especially critical parts are written in C. What's more, assembly inserts are very much used too.

I haven't studied these questions for a long time, I know that since the Pentium-1 nobody used assembler, it's hard to guess the efficiency of assembler inserts now - to get the processor registers you need to save them on the stack and then execute your assembler instructions, and the OS handles memory allocation.... Instead of a performance gain, you may get something else by calling system functions. I would not expect you to know the question of code optimization better than compiler developers - it is a science to combine language syntax and machine performance.

And generally speaking about IT technology - you need to decide whether you are looking for speed of operation or speed of development - usually they are opposite solutions in the output ))))

Igor Makanu:

python interpreter, there can't even be a comparison with compiled code - the compiled code will eventually be converted into processor instructions, the interpreter runs in its virtual machine

I mean, the acceleration of certain pieces of computation is essential, so python packages have Ufuncs, or vectorized operations, which are not directly performed on the compiled code

looked it up, yeah, plus it's the same with the pointers.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

my point is that the acceleration of individual chunks of computation is essential, so python packages have Ufuncs, or vectorised operations, which are not directly performed on the compiled code

looked it up, yes, plus it's the same with pointers

i wish i had those problems.... i can't decide if i want to watch google's creepy google chick on youtube broadcasting tensorflow in english

or a 40-year-old fat hobbit geek from Microsoft, telling CNTK in Russian.

SZS: most likely russian will win, it's hard to distinguish only 3 out of 5 words ((

Igor Makanu:

i wish i had these problems.... I can't decide whether to watch the creepy google chick on youtube broadcasting in english tensorflow or

or a 40-year-old fat hobbit geek from Microsoft telling CNTK in Russian.

SZZY: russian will most likely win, it's hard to distinguish only 3 out of 5 words ((

catboost with a beautiful young Anna Veronica in Russian, screw the foreign packages

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I like SI, I enjoy getting to know it. The memory operation is only complicated at first glance, I mean, for common tasks it's not difficult.

As they used to call it, C++ is C# in a wrapper. As for me, I prefer pluses. But there are different pencils for different tastes and colours.