I want to learn the programming language for the MT5 terminal. Where do I start as a beginner ? - page 7

multiplicator:
You can always ask questions on the forum. why haven't you asked any questions on the forum?

Completely on your own, no one studies anything here at all. You can always ask a question on the forum. Why haven't you asked any questions on the forum?

Ihor Herasko:

This is if one plans one's activities outside the MT. But you can't plan for that in advance. Now the goal is to learn to write for MT. And if one starts with C or C++, he/she will immediately get stuck on such things, which are absent in MQL from the beginning. After all, even a simple value printing cannot be done with cout. In this respect MQL is much easier - Print or Alert.

So it's better to start learning what you need. And later, if you like it and would like to continue, you can switch to C++.

If your purpose is to be able to write a rough Expert Advisor for a tester in MT4-style, you can take an old course on MQL4, connect the MT4Orders library and go ahead.

By the way. cout is much more convenient than Print, having learnt the basics of OOP a person will write a simple analog in 15 minutes.

Ihor Herasko:

A man needs a ride, and you are giving him the runaround. At the stage of learning MQL the question of whether the programmer needs programming in principle, whether he can handle it. MQL is easier than C++. Why bother with complicated things?

Especially, that this link includes everything that MQL does not have: standard library (MLQ has, but its own, not C++), namespace, input and output via cout and cin.

Because the question was how to program and not to know like a dog or a monkey trained 3-4 variables and the same number of functions.

Ihor Herasko:

Compiled. There are no errors. Only one warning, which is easily corrected with a basic understanding of the term "function".

I even took a bit bigger example:

It compiles too. There are 12 warnings, but none of them affects operability of the program. They can be easily fixed, too. That is why the Tutorial is the best to start with.

Thank you for the useful information

Anastasia Vasilenko:

I want to learn a programming language for the MT5 terminal. where do I start as a beginner ?

Does your trader husband not want to help you?

Swap him for an alt trader husband!

Newbie advice. What is the difference between
double a;
(string) a;
И

Alexander Fedosov:
Newbie advice. What is the difference between
double a;
(string) a;
И
DoubleToString(a)?

(string) a; // output as is

DoubleToString(a, 2) // you can set the number of decimal places

Документация по MQL5: Преобразование данных / DoubleToString
Документация по MQL5: Преобразование данных / DoubleToString
  • www.mql5.com
[in]  Формат точности. Если значение digits лежит в диапазоне от 0 до 16, то будет получено строковое представление числа с указанным количество знаков после запятой. Если значение digits лежит в диапазоне от -1 до -16, то...

Alexander Fedosov:
Newbie, please give me a hint. What is the difference between
double a;
(string) a;
И
DoubleToString(a)?

In that case also string( a);

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Does the trader husband not want to help you?

Swap him for an agricultural trader husband!

Yeah. It's like we're being tricked like first graders here, help a girl out. I'll probably stop responding to anyone with even one signal or product in the marketplace in the future.

pavlick_:

Yeah. It's like we're being set up like first graders here, help a girl out. I will probably stop answering to someone with at least one signal or product in the market in the future.

How does one relate to the other? The man ordered an owl on freelance, that's the signal. And now he wants to learn how to write EAs himself. What's the problem?