Custom symbols. Errors, bugs, questions, suggestions. - page 30

ZAKST:

And another question, since I remembered about CustomRatesUpdate().

Too much information to remember, so I just open working sources and look how it's done there. Immediately an understanding emerges.

fxsaber:

There's too much information to remember, so I just open up the working sources and see how it's done. Immediately an understanding appears.

I decided to test how big arrays can be accepted byCustomRatesUpdate() function.

I got about 7,650 items. 7,700 doesn't save anything anymore, which is very strange.

Thanks for the answers. I will keep digging. I have learned the features of MT5 appeared to be very exciting))))

Who has the know-how to debug the generation of custom characters with playback conditions? The corresponding functions are forbidden in the tester.

Stanislav Korotky:
Who uses which know-how to debug generation of custom characters with reproduction conditions? In the tester, the corresponding functions are forbidden.

I don't understand the question. I only use the custom ones for backtests. You seem to be talking about the Terminal.

ZZY I fiddled a lot with the Tester bit. But since then I guess the custom ones have been heavily tweaked.

fxsaber:

I don't understand the question. I only use the custom ones for backtests. You seem to be talking about Terminal.

The debugger is capable of working in Terminal(online) or in a tester that emulates the past "as online". The second mode is not available for custom character generator program, because CustomXXX functions are forbidden in the tester. We have to invent additional input parameters in the generator to enable "online on history" mode independently when debugging in the terminal - it's expensive and doesn't guarantee identical behavior.

Stanislav Korotky:

The debugger is capable of operating in the terminal(online) or in a tester that emulates the past "as online". The second mode is inaccessible for the custom character generator program, because the tester prohibits the CustomXXX functions. I have to invent additional input parameters in the generator to enable "online on history" mode independently when debugging in the terminal - it's too expensive and does not guarantee identical behavior.

Probably no general recommendations can be given. You should have at least some idea of what task is being debugged.

fxsaber:

It is probably not possible to give any general recommendations. You need to have at least some idea of what task is being debugged.

I made a tick replay based on Tester (I cut out everything that concerns embedded trading with virtual/reporting/lines). Now I can hang my custom symbols generator on custom chart, updated by player, and watch live generation on history. One problem - no full keyboard control when dependent chart is active: have to use chart options like auto-scroll to pause. I couldn't find any other way.

Tester
Tester
  • www.mql5.com
Визуальный Тестер внутри Терминала

Stanislav Korotky:

I made a quick tick replay based on Tester (I cut out everything about the built-in virtual/report/lines trading). Now I can hang my custom symbols generator on the custom chart, updated by the player, and watch the live generation on the history. One problem - no full keyboard control when dependent chart is active: have to use chart options like auto-scroll to pause. I couldn't find any other way.

I think Tester was generating itself. That's why the control was from its own chart.

fxsaber:

The Tester seems to have generated itself. That's why the control was from its own chart.

Yes, it is - it's a very strong technique, but since only one EA can be on one chart, we have to open a second chart to place our own generator. Of course, controlling on the Tester's chart with the keyboard works, but for convenience, it is desirable to have control on your EA's chart as well.

When an error ERR_CUSTOM_SYMBOL_PARAMETER_LONG is generated , as well as other similar errors, I would like to see the limit in the message, because it is not listed in the documentation.