I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 10

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

No, you need both single and optimization - nowadays they do not always make the number of threads equal to the load of one thread...

Yes, I agree that it should be both, and also a test advisor should be attached and describe testing parameters for us to compare with our computers.

Maxim Romanov:

Yes, I agree with both, and let him attach a test EA and describe the testing parameters so that we can compare them with our computers.

You can use a standard one, but I don't know which ones work...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I can use a standard one, but I don't know which ones work...

I haven't bought one yet, I'll decide at the end of February or beginning of March.

Currently my top-of-the-line 32 core AMDRyzen Threadripper 2990W

About 64gb max RAM

And a SSD on Pce express 3-4 samsung my way 3500 read 2500 write ...

It would be good to have a code to test ...

Those codes I have in my scripts won't be quite right...

Need something really heavy....

Vladimir Pastushak:

Haven't bought it yet, I'll be deciding at the end of February or beginning of March.

For now the top-end AMDRyzen Threadripper 2990W with 32 cores

About 64gb max RAM

And SSD on Pce express 3-4 samsung my way 3500 read 2500 write ...

Just don't forget about memory, at least 4 equal strips of 16gb, then 4-channel mode will work on TR4 motherboard + maximum supported frequency.

If suddenly memory will be not enough you can stick more 4x16gb to 128gb. As for stability, Kingston HyperX Predator memory has never failed...

SSD Samsung 970 Evo or 970 Pro, WD Black is not bad too, only with the newest firmware...

Jevgenijs Galickis:

Just don't forget about the memory, at least 4 of the same 16gb, then 4-channel mode will work on TR4 motherboard + maximum supported frequency.

If you happen to run out of memory, you can add 4x16gb up to 128gb. By stability, Kingston HyperX Predator memory has not failed yet...

SSD Samsung 970 Evo or 970 Pro, WD Black is not bad too, only with latest firmware...

And preferably a dual-range memory, it gives a performance gain on a flat place compared to a single-range one, but the price is the same.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Haven't bought it yet, I'll be deciding at the end of February or beginning of March.

For now the top-end AMDRyzen Threadripper 2990W with 32 cores

About 64gb max RAM

And a SSD on Pce express 3-4 samsung my way 3500 read 2500 write ...

It would be good to have a code to test ...

Those codes I have in my scripts won't be quite right...

Need something really heavy....

2970W

they say it's better.

I've looked atthe 2990W myself- butnotmuch of an improvement over the2950W. cores?

maybe two2950Ws would be better.

I was wondering the same thing. Looked for the minimum requirements for the tester - couldn't find them. Can you please send me a link?

The current state seems that the problem is not in the CPU or the number of cores, but in memory: I write a simple Expert Advisor, make changes, periodically run the test. After 20-30 passes, I notice that it slows down. Then the lags progress. It will not subside until it eats up all the memory. But the optimizer does it in a few minutes.

Igor Zakharov:

I was wondering the same thing. Looked for the minimum requirements for the tester - couldn't find them. Can you please send me a link?

The current state seems that the problem is not in the CPU or the number of cores, but in memory: I write a simple Expert Advisor, make changes, periodically run the test. After 20-30 passes, I notice that it slows down. Then the lags progress. It will not subside until it eats up all memory. The optimizer does it in a few minutes.

No minimum requirements, I've run it on an intel atom 32-bit with 2 GB of RAM. All is tested, optimized, but there is little sense from such work.

Maxim Romanov:

The Predator is a very good choice, as it gives a performance boost over a peer-to-peer memory, and the price is the same.

Are there any other manufacturers who sell you peer-to-peer memory for the price of Predator? So far I have not seen for that money 1rank, but maybe if you look, you can find it :)

Mostly 1rank on cheap modules put. But Kingston, for example, all Predator 2rank.

In any case, you need to pay attention.

What is the author saying? Money is not important? What? If money is not important, then buy two intel xeon 8168 CPUs for $5,890 each, in a high-end mother, bufferless memory, ecc, 2666 MHz, until you run out of space in the dimm or in the controller, solid state pci drives with an expensive mesh, until you run out of pci lines or connectors. And you can buy machines like that ad infinitum and network them together. And how much would one such machine cost if the CPUs alone cost $12000? Is that really the question? What is the most powerful and expensive? If we answer the question, which machines should be bought OPTIMAL, at mid-price range, the ratio "passmark performance points/price" is the most profitable, and 2-2,5 times more profitable than intel. Memory should be taken without ecc and without a buffer (of course), at the controller's maximum frequency, with the cheapest motherboard and an ssd sata drive with a cheap core. You should give preference to cheap components and give them back under warranty if anything happens. Everything else is a waste of money, getting in return at times or orders of magnitude less performance than the money spent. If you are thinking about a super-expensive machine for optimisation then maybe cloud computing would be cheaper?