Diversifying risks - page 4

Maxim Romanov:

I haven't looked into buying, but there is definitely a way out if you want to. I know currency futures are traded on the CME.

Do they accept Rubles on the CME? You need dollars to open an account on CME. Convert your rubles to $ and buy an Aussie. It's a profitable scheme, though.

It'll take 10-15 percent for spread and commission.

khorosh:

You can open an unallocated metal account at Sberbank. I.e. "gold" in virtual form. When you open the account, the amount of virtual metal is determined as the ratio (of the invested amount in rubles/the value of the metal weight unit at the time of opening the account) and this metal weight is recorded on the account. When you close the account you get the sum in rubles calculated as the product of (amount of metal on the account x cost per unit of metal weight at the moment of deposit closure). There are accounts for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. So burying gold in the garden is not necessary).

Yes there is, I had forgotten about that option.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You buy a flat on a mortgage, renovate it and rent it out. You repay the loan in 8-10 years, and then all the profits are yours and your home, which you can sell and get back your investment, but in installments. It is a kind of piggy bank. If you decide to leave the world, give it as an inheritance - the heirs will be pleased.

Have you tried it? Or are you dreaming?

I personally have not done so, what I am unspeakably glad, because my boss bought himself a flat with the maternity capital and, not to lie, 5 or 6 years with this flat suffers, the problem is in tenants, all tenants look "white and fluffy", rent a 1-bedroom flat, so the main tenants are either single or without children.... who only and did not live there and a young girl who does not drink, but "dogs" it all as one "crazy", the cops, then pogrom.... there were about a dozen tenants, that's for sure.

SZS: I myself have a couple of flats for rent in an apartment building, about business travelers even lazy to tell, about bachelors and bachelorettes ... they drink till dawn, or make babies like in German movies ))))

Ivan Butko:

What about buying property in different countries? (an option for the rich, of course). There, in Moscow, Munich, London and New York. Purely theoretically. It's like it never goes down in value...

real estate is less reliable, as strange as that may sound. For some reason people think real estate is risk-free, yes if you don't take into account fires, repairs, problems with neighbours, aging homes and other unaccounted-for factors like depreciation like in Detroit. There was a booming, wealthy city, and then all of a sudden nobody wants real estate there. Purely theoretically it is possible, but it's not more reliable, it's less so. In the end, it all depends on the investment objectives and the desire to play around (which is also not insignificant).

Igor Makanu:

Yes there is, I'd forgotten about that option.

I personally did not do so, what I am unspeakably glad, because my boss bought himself a flat with the maternity capital and, not to lie, 5 or 6 years with this flat suffers, the problem is the tenants, all tenants look "white and fluffy", rent a 1-room flat, so the main tenants are either single or without children.... who only and did not live there and a young girl who does not drink, but "dogs" her all as one "crazy", the cops, then pogrom.... there were about a dozen tenants, that's for sure.

SZS: I myself have a couple of flats for rent in an apartment building, about business travelers even lazy to tell, about bachelors and bachelorettes ... they drink till dawn, they make babies like in German movies ))))

Yes. But after my good acquaintance who has only one shop bought 2 flats in Kiev with a mortgage.

P.S. Don't know what embarrasses you, but in Ukraine it is done without any problems

Evgeny Belyaev:

Does the CME accept roubles? To open an account on the CME you need quid. We convert roubles to $ on $ and buy an Aussie. It's a profitable scheme, though.

You will spend about 10-15% for spread and commission.

All depends on your goals and personal preferences, I cited this as an example for your thinking. I do not give ready-made investment ideas, I am not interested in thinking for others. Ideas are in general terms and should always be worked through.

I myself used an unallocated metal account with Sberbank, but I didn't set out to protect my money from the apocalypse)

Igor Makanu:

Yes there is, I'd forgotten about that option.

I personally did not do so, what I am unspeakably glad, because my boss bought himself a flat with the maternity capital and, not to lie, 5 or 6 years with this flat suffers, the problem is the tenants, all tenants look "white and fluffy", rent a 1-room flat, so the main tenants are either single or without children.... who only and did not live there and a young girl who does not drink, but "dogs" her all as one "crazy", the cops, then pogrom.... there were about a dozen tenants, that's for sure.

SZS: I myself have a couple of flats for rent in an apartment building, about business travelers even lazy to tell, about bachelors and bachelorettes ... they drink till dawn, or make babies like in German movies ))))

I would like to add:
To avoid headaches with the tenants, all these moments are transferred to the agency, it is clear that the rent is not monthly - otherwise you will pay off the debt for 50 years. The daily rent was practically enough to pay off the loan, which has long been paid off and now my daughter and her husband live in the flat

This applies to those over 40:

Remember what you had 5-7-10 years ago and look at what you have now.
If they had done it then, they would have forgotten about the loan and would have had the property in their possession, and now the money is like water - it seems to be there and then it is gone, in the end it seems to be all investors, but there is nothing behind the back.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Yes. But after my good acquaintance did it, who had only one shop bought 2 flats in Kiev on mortgage.

P.S. Do not know what confuses you, but in Ukraine it is done without problems

Yes, I'm not confused by it all, alas the distances in Russia are slightly different than in Ukraine, and there, that there in the capital are only good rental prices

But no matter how you tell a wonderful story, one lousy tenant can screw up this profitable business, I'm up to sksk, exactly 1000 km, if a tenant will flood the neighbours, the agency will not bother with the issue, it will have to go personally for a few days, so think about how it diversifies risks. As you wrote above it is a business, and as usual in business, there is a risk, there is a profit.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

This applies to those over 40:

Remember what you had 5-7-10 years ago and look at what you have now.
If they would have done so, they would have forgotten about the loan and had the property, and now the money is like water - it seems to be there and then it is gone, the result is the investor, but there is nothing.

10 years ago a property in my town (a medium-sized town of 300k inhabitants, far from a depressed town) was for 2 k.k. 2 million. Now it's 1.4. Mortgages back then were around 16 per annum. Ten years ago a house could be rented for 15,000 r now for 9. Today, when mortgage rates were at their lowest, everyone took out a mortgage and it was quite difficult to rent a house. A hut could stand idle for a month without tenants.

Evgeny Belyaev:

Ten years ago a property in my town (a medium-sized town of 300k inhabitants, far from being a depressing town) was 2k 2 million. Now it is 1.4. Mortgages back then were around 16 per annum. Ten years ago a house could be rented for 15,000 r now for 9. Today, when mortgage rates were at their lowest, everyone took out a mortgage and it was quite difficult to rent a house. A house could sit idle for a month without tenants.

In 2013, my brother and I wanted to take a franchise for a "Tea Shop", the marketer came and refused - there was no chance of survival, there were many similar ones around, and the area was not blessed with "oligarchs", and for a promoted brand closing a point greatly affects the reputation, and they categorically do not allow this.

Before investing, one should market the town and the district, look at the future of the enterprises that play a crucial role in the town's infrastructure. There are plenty of examples when a city was blooming 5 years ago and then quickly withered away. Port cities are most suitable, but not everyone has the opportunity to invest there.