where to go for a purchased robot that has lost its deposit - page 2

vladzeit:
The algorithm - the algorithm works, what are the questions.

But in terms of advertising, the customer did not buy the algorithm, but a product that promised returns.

That's the problem.

It's not the yield, it's the opening/closing of positions under certain conditions. The man is not buying a printing press, but a program that monitors the conditions and performs certain actions. If it does not perform the stated programmed actions, then yes, something can be charged.

Nikolay Lobanov:
I have downloaded *** I have made all the settings on the website and tested the robot, it showed a complete loss of the deposit, I want to refund the money I spent on the robot where should I go ?

Consult a lawyer. If he takes the case, he will tell you what to do. If he does not take the case, forget about the money you lost. The next time you buy something from the Market, be more careful about what you buy. That's all I can advise you on. I don't think the seller will voluntarily give you your money back, although you can try.

Konstantin Nikitin:

Not profitability, but opening/closing positions under certain conditions. A man is not buying a printing press, but a program that monitors conditions and performs certain actions. If it does not perform the stated programmed actions, then yes, something can be charged.

I deliberately looked on the market. I clicked on the first Expert Advisor I came across, with a description in Russian.

(By the way, the lack of a product description in Russian is already a gross violation, for which the seller in the Ru zone could receive a substantial fine).

And I saw this: (under the crosses hid the real product, but the description is original)

---

XXXXXXX mt5

XXXXXXX is a fully automatic trading advisor that does not use Martingale. The strategy is night scalping.

As inputs is used RSI indicator and ATR filter. A hedging account type is required for this Expert Advisor.

Monitoring the real work, as well as my other developments can be seen here: ХХХХХХ

(and below is a chart with convincing returns)

-------

General recommendations

Minimum deposit $100, use ECN accounts with minimum spread, default settings for eurusd M5 gmt+2.

Set max spread =10, if you will have no orders, change this value to 50.

-------

There is no mention of the open/close positions you are talking about. But the advert of profitability is there.

vladzeit:

I deliberately looked on the market. I clicked on the first Expert Advisor I came across, with a description in Russian.

(By the way, the lack of a product description in Russian is already a gross violation, for which the seller in the Ru zone could receive a substantial fine).

And I saw this: (under the crosses hid the real product, but the description is original)

---

XXXXXXX mt5

XXXXXXX is a fully automatic trading advisor that does not use Martingale. The strategy is night scalping.

As inputs is used RSI indicator and ATR filter. A hedging account type is required for this Expert Advisor.

Monitoring the real work, as well as my other developments can be seen here: ХХХХХХ

-------

General recommendations

Minimum deposit $100, use ECN accounts with minimum spread, default settings for eurusd M5 gmt+2.

-------

There is no mention of the open/close positions you are talking about. But the advert of profitability is there.

And what is this?

It uses RSI indicator and ATR filter as inputs

Setting the conditions under which the algorithm will work. And below is the chart from the tester. It is quite probable that it was made by this Expert Advisor. But it does not say that this chart will be available in the future. Keep on, there is no mention of a guaranteed profit in this description. It only mentions the optimum settings that would be most appropriate for them to be able to make some profit.

Konstantin Nikitin:

What are these?

RSI indicator and ATR filter are used as inputs

Setting up the conditions under which the algorithm will work. And below is the chart from the tester. Which was probably made by this expert. But it does not say that this chart will be available in the future. Keep on, there is no mention of a guaranteed profit in this description. It only mentions the optimum settings that allow the tester to make some profit.

This is simply a declaration of the characteristics used in this product. The buyer does not have to understand them...

If when buying the fridge, in the service documents it is stated that this model uses No Frost technology, no one imposes on the buyer the obligation to understand the peculiarities of this technology or method.

Konstantin, you look at it not from the perspective of a competent party, which you are, but from the perspective of the average buyer, who came to the resource by advertising,

which promised a return on investment through the use of mechanical trading systems. And lo and behold... He found himself in a marketplace where he could choose such an MTS in terms of profitability...

Where there's no mention of real and potential losses in the product's advertising.

And he makes his choice.

The law, on the other hand, takes exactly this kind of non-competent approach. And the duty of competence is placed on the seller, who is simply obliged to warn of likely losses, but instead he puts out a graph of positive returns...

vladzeit:
Where there is no mention of real and potential losses in the advertising of the product.

There is also no mention of guaranteed earnings. And no one has cancelled the agreement. So not knowing (not reading) it or agreeing with it does not protect you from losing your deposit.

vladzeit:

It is simply a declaration of the characteristics used in this product. The purchaser is not obliged to understand them...

If when buying a fridge, the user documentation specifies that this model uses No Frost technology, no one imposes an obligation on the buyer to understand the features of this technology or method.

Konstantin, you look at it not from the perspective of a competent party, which you are, but from the perspective of the average buyer, who came to the resource by advertising,

which promised a return on investment through the use of mechanical trading systems. And lo and behold... He found himself in a marketplace where he could choose such an MTS in terms of profitability...

Where there is no mention of real and potential loss in the product's advertising.

And he makes his choice.

The law, on the other hand, takes exactly this kind of uncompetent approach. And the duty of competence is placed on the seller, who is simply obliged to warn of likely losses, but instead he puts out a graph of positive returns...

It seems to me that you are trying to bring the Consumer Protection Act into play here. But it doesn't work here, because the goods are being purchased for the purpose of making a profit. Accordingly, only the Civil Code of the Russian Federation applies here, and there, as far as I remember, you enter into a contract, the goods comply with the conditions specified in the contract, that's it, you are free, unless otherwise stipulated by law.

It's like suing the manufacturer of a car for an accident that you caused yourself and your own fault.

vladzeit:

(By the way, the absence of a product description in Russian is already a gross violation, for which the seller in the Ru zone could receive a substantial fine).

---

XXXXXXX mt5

-------

General recommendations

-------

There is no mention of the open/close positions you are talking about. But the advertisement of profitability is present.

We are talking about X***** Ñ******: did you use the settings recommended by the author, or rather the set-file? By the way, the author of this Expert Advisor is always on the phone and tells us how to use it best. In fact, it's an overclocking system, as you can see in the tester and the author wrote about it (in the description of the MT4 version).

should be written in big letters: Any EA (or indicator) is a tool, the use of that tool is up to you.