Central Bank revokes licences of major forex dealers - page 13

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

)))) good, we'll rely on trust

Yeah. Apart from reputation even the best of them have nothing, it's true.

But the plus is that you get access to the most liquid market in the world (OTC forex volumes are an order of magnitude higher than exchange volumes, respectively better spreads and costs) plus maximum convenience for input and output

Ilya Malev:

You need to know who you are trading with, then there will be no manipulation. Well-known companies with a history of several decades have no reason to ruin their reputation because of a couple of points of spread. Although the market (especially OTC) is a thing where there are no guarantees, neither on the spread, nor on anything else.

On the exchange, the stop losses can be even worse than the studs in both directions. I read the other day how they did this in Brent.

But, frank was too cool a few years ago.

forexman77:

There are worse studs on the stock exchange stopping in both directions. I read the other day how brandt did that.

But, frank was too cool a few years ago.

Yeah, that too.

Ilya Malev:

Yeah. Even the best of them have nothing but reputation, it's true.

But the plus is that you get access to the most liquid market in the world (OTC forex volumes are much higher than exchange volumes, so the spreads and costs are better) plus maximum ease of input and output.

By the way, some years ago, one of the "best of the best, with its ECN, liquidity provider" in the U.S. was put in jail for manipulation... but there's regulation there, and it's pretty tough.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

By the way, a few years ago, one of the "best of the best" in the US was sentenced to such dough for manipulation... but there's regulation there, and it's pretty tough.

That's why no one works with them except their own offices. Well, good riddance to them in principle. I hope we somehow manage to avoid the same fate for the inhabitants of Russia.

Ilya Malev:

That is why nobody works with them on the forex market except their own offices. Well, good riddance to them in principle. I hope that we will somehow be able to avoid the same fate for the inhabitants of the Russian Federation.

We have never escaped, a couple of times the police raided the offices, took out the equipment and that was it... and no money))

Russia is very rich in such stories, it is ahead of the rest of the world.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

By the way, some years ago, one of the "best of the best, with its ECN, liquidity provider" in the US was put on the hook for manipulation... but there's regulation there, and it's pretty tough.

They have markets dozens of times bigger than our stock markets, futures markets in general are the biggest markets with a history of more than two centuries. I have a hunch that they are clamping down on forex so that liquidity to the Chicago bourse goes to the foreign exchange section.

And in general, it's forex that has the most clients. Surprised it's in Japan)

forexman77:

They have markets dozens of times bigger than our stock markets, futures markets in general are the biggest markets with a history of more than two centuries. I have an assumption that they are clamping down on forex so that liquidity to the Chicago exchange goes to the currency section.

Forex is not a speculative market, it does not interest foreign private traders and is absolutely non-transparent, if only as a sweepstakes

and the stock exchange is designed for trading, so what else is it for?

forexman77:

Maxim, you probably don't know that a man has done 11,000% in a couple of months and probably knows a lot about what's what.

You are a gullible people now.