Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 18

Sergey Golubev:

Many years ago, there was an EA in the English part of the thread (I'm sorry, it takes too long to find it now) which when trading (and analysing the market) generated and updated a text file, which was read at certain intervals by another EA working in the same Metatrader, but on a different pair (or the same, but on a different chart). And both traded, communicating with each other with this file.

The idea starts with this. Further prospects for the development of the idea are drawn in interesting futuristic tones. :) There are two variants of EA communication - centralized and decentralized. In the first one, there should be a control centre, a common "brain", and in the second one, each advisor will have a "brain" and will know what to do when communicating with others.

Vladimir Perervenko:

Holy shit. I didn't expect such idealism. Surprised

This "idealism" is just an attempt to raise your head and look beyond the details of the present to the contours of the future. Algotrading is still evolving and I wonder what it will become. Communication and coordination between advisers is logical, like the evolutionary stage that living organisms once went through. Natural traits are reflected in the technical process.

Реter Konow:
This "idealism" is just an attempt to raise our heads and look beyond the details of the present to the contours of the future. Algotrading is still evolving and I wonder what it will become. Communication and coordination between advisers is logical, like the evolutionary stage that living organisms once went through. Natural traits are reflected in the technical process.
If programs (no matter if it's Expert Advisor, indicator, or something else) communicate with each other, they will (file,socket, or something else). It all depends on what the programmer writes. And this is not the future, but the long-existing present.

Slava:

What's the point of doing so much?

For a 1gig transfer, you can use a Pipeline.

Piping requires a third party server 24/7 with the task of maintaining the integrity of the connection continuously.

Not every trader (or even a proger) can do that.

Konstantin Nikitin:
If programs (no matter Expert Advisor, indicator or something else) communicate with each other, they will communicate (file,socket or other). It all depends on what the programmer writes. And this is not the future, but the long-existing present.
So we live in different time-continuums:)

There's no need to flub, please. Peter, you can stretch your flight of fancy over 20 pages. This is about services, not about your day-to-day. Thank you.

Artyom Trishkin:
There's no need to flub, please. Peter, you can stretch your flight of fancy over 20 pages. This is about services, not about your day-to-day. Thank you.
As I said, services can be used for ring buffers. Probably not the only one, but the infinite looping process fits best here. Ring buffers in trading are an archival thing. With them you can draw and scale the picture of what is going on. The connection between the services and the Expert Advisors is of course indispensable.

Реter Konow:
As I said, services can be used for ring buffers. Probably not the only one, but an endless looping process is best suited here. Circular buffers in trading are an archival thing. With them you can draw and scale the picture of what is happening. The connection between services and Expert Advisors is of course indispensable.

Yes, all right, but you are talking not about realizations, but about "horizons", and such a topic is too blurred - purely philosophical, which does not fit with the focus of this resource. Therefore, I ask you to voice your dreams at least in their own branches, and in thematic - on the subject of the branch, and without "water".

Thank you for understanding.

Artyom Trishkin:

Yes, that's right, but you're not talking about realisations, you're talking about "horizons", and such a subject is too blurred - it's purely philosophical.

Well, you're right about that. As for the technical implementation of ring buffers in services, there can be different approaches, as well as to the implementation of linking them to EAs. Personally, I'd be happy to know other options for using services as well.

Hello,

Will be service available on MQL5 Market as a product like Experts, library, etc? In other words, I would like to know if I can make a product as a service and publish it on MQL5 Market in the future.

Ru:

Will the service be available on MQL5 Market as a product, like Experts, library, etc. Д.? In other words, I want to know if I can make the product as a service and publish it on MQL5 Market in the future.

Best regards,

Romeu.