Where can I open a trading account? - page 2

Victor Ziborov:
I want to collect a base of good and not so good, checked and checked brokerage companies. The right choice of brokerage companies is a very important question. Yes, where else but on this site to discuss how to choose it correctly? We prefer not to mention here specific brokerage companies, because it will make them either advertizing or discouraging. But we may discuss parameters of brokerage companies in general. An important parameter is the age of a brokerage company. If it is more than 10 years, it is an argument in favor of brokerage companies. If people we know already dealt with this brokerage company and even withdrew money from it without a headache - this is a serious argument in favor of brokerage companies. If the brokerage company is affiliated with a serious (especially state-controlled) bank - that is a plus for the brokerage company. If the brokerage company is part of a stock exchange - that is also a plus for the brokerage company.

As for this aspect in terms of "age of the brokerage company" I disagree, I checked one brokerage company they are more than 12 years on the market, the quotes do not match, I took both MT4 which they offer and MT5, compared with quotes in MT5 with metaquote server, the difference is huge up to 34 points. Plus in this DT MT5 only for their own platform, meth is not looking for their server in the list. Now looking for what to take as a benchmark for comparison. If someone can give some hints, I will be very grateful. If something is wrong in this post, please correct correctly and more clearly. It's not just for me the information that I am very interested, it's for everyone who in principle trades or is interested. I want to add some good and not so good brokerage companies, in particular the tried and trusted ones.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If they call you back, that's the first sign of "doing the legwork".

I don't even listen a second time, it feels like they came with pots and pans, a drill and so on. In general, it's all clear at once.

I will also add that I checked the same principle of the most HYIP DC, they pay the money, but quotes also have a difference of more than 5 points, from 5 to 38 is exactly what I was able to trace. If this is not critical, or I'm wrong, please help me with your observations and correcting my message in the right form. I know how to acknowledge mistakes, if I'm wrong I will correct it.

Фёдор Андреевич:

As for this aspect in terms of "age of the brokerage company" I disagree, I checked one brokerage company they are more than 12 years on the market, the quotes do not match, I took both MT4 which they offer and MT5, compared with quotes in MT5 with metaquote server, the difference is huge up to 34 points. Plus in this DT MT5 only for their own platform, meth is not looking for their server in the list. Now looking for what to take as a benchmark for comparison. If someone can give some hints, I will be very grateful. If something is wrong in this post, please correct correctly and more clearly. It's not just for me the information that I am very interested, it's for everyone who in principle trades or is interested. I want to assemble the base of good and not so good brokerage companies.

I want to collect a base of good and not so good dealers, to check these out. There are as many liquidity providers as there are different quotes. Plus some dealing companies "mix" quotes from different liquidity providers into one average and send it to the terminal - this is normal practice.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There is no benchmark quote in forex, and it is unlikely that there ever will be. There are as many liquidity providers as there are different quotes. Plus, some dealing companies "mix" quotes from different liquidity providers into one average, and send them to the terminal - this is normal practice.

This is very bad, we should look for brokerage companies with minimal difference between different platforms. I will select such variant for testing and verification.

Фёдор Андреевич:

This is too bad, then we should look for a brokerage company with minimal variation with different platforms on the principle of a lower index. I'll look into that option for testing and verification.

It's not bad, it makes absolutely no difference. What difference does it make if there is a margin of error with others? You trade in the same dealing desk, so use those exact quotes. Let us assume that the euro has passed 80 points today and 58 points yesterday. In another dealing desk it passed 78 and 60 points respectively.

Question: what effect will it have on my trading, if I trade on different quotes?

Фёдор Андреевич:

This is too bad, then we should look for a DC with minimal variation with different platforms on the principle of a smaller index. I will look for such a variant for testing and checking.

Do you think that the difference of 5 points may make some difference in trading results? No, of course not. If you have a profitable TS, it will work on those quotes too.

I agree that the age of the DC is one of the most important signs. I work for a DC that is 20 years old and have not had any problems with payment.

Фёдор Андреевич:

I have taken both MT4 which they offer and MT5 and compared it with MT5 quotes from the metaquot server, the difference is enormous, up to 34 pips.

Forex is an over-the-counter market, there is no single quote, that's normal. Metacquotes are far from a pattern.

The difference in quotes at different brokerage companies does not exceed spread, for the majority of strategies this is non-critical.

(And if suddenly the difference becomes too big for someone, he will be instantly ruined by arbitrage. So it won't).

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If they call you back, that's the first sign of "doing the legwork".

Not always. This can be a manifestation of the "know your client" principle that all financial institutions now require.