My approach. The core is the engine. - page 9

Yury Kulikov:
Couldn't get past it again :) Sorry.
There was a "shot above the leg" recently, I think there's definitely a shot to the head here.
The topic-starter learned what arrays are and learned the world, and what will happen when he learns about lists ...
The world will turn upside down and there will be new horizons.

There will be no new horizons with lists. My concept does not require any additions. It is complete and self-sufficient.

Its advantage is that it doesn't have the unnecessary entities and tools created by OOP.

It can be said that Peter Konow's programming methodology has absorbed all the evils associated with bad programming style:

- the massive use of global variables

- no type control

- a rigid reliance on a particular implementation of data storage. If you want to make a three-dimensional array instead of a two-dimensional one, you will have to edit the whole program.

Talking about OOP is premature here. You should first learn how to program correctly in procedural style.

Alexey Navoykov:

It can be said that Peter Konow's programming methodology has absorbed all the evils associated with bad programming style:

- the massive use of global variables

- no type control

- a rigid reliance on a particular implementation of data storage. If you want to make a three-dimensional array instead of a two-dimensional one, you will have to edit the whole program.

And talks about OOP are premature here. You must first learn how to program in procedural style.

The concept does not require what you have written. The massive use of global variables is its advantage.

The number of types is kept to a minimum. No need for extra types.

Rigidly laid down on a particular implementation of data storage is an advantage. It gives order and ease of handling.

Реter Konow:

Once you have established the number of object properties, you can no longer change it. If you change it, you will be out of the array.

You have to know all properties of your objects beforehand. Give them indices. And all of them must fit in the row of the Kernel.

But, the Kernel can be dynamic, and you can change the number of Items and Objects in it. For this, use ArrayResize.

No, no, no. The question was about something else. Let's say I'm a user of your engine. You've written an element-button that I want to use. The questions are as follows:

1. How do I know how many and what properties this button has?
  2. Do I need to explicitly set all these properties of the button when I place it in the kernel?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

No, no, no. The question was different. Let's say I'm a user of your engine. You've written an element-button that I want to use. The questions are as follows:

1. How do I know how many and what properties this button has?
  2. Do I need to explicitly set all these properties of the button at the time I place it in the kernel?

There is confusion here.

1. If you're using a GUI constructor, you need to know the properties of the items, the data for the custom settings. There are instructions for that.

2. If you connect the program to the engine through connection interface (like Oleg Papkov for example), there is a list of properties which can be changed.

If you create your own kernel functionality, you have to define the properties that will be in its rows in advance.

Everything depends on the task.

SZY. And please formulate your questions in such a way, that the answers would not create a compelled advertising.

Peter, I don't understand. Does the kernel communicate with the program via global terminal variables?

Nikolai Semko:
Peter, I don't get it. Does the kernel communicate with the program through global variables of the terminal?

Not the kernel, the engine. The core is simply an array of data.

It communicates through EventChartCustom();

Реter Konow:

Will there be an answer to the second question? I'll repeat it again:

Vasiliy Sokolov:
  1. Do I need to explicitly set all these properties of the button at the moment it is placed in the kernel?

Реter Konow:

ZS. And please formulate your questions in such a way that the answers don't create forced advertising.

Peter, believe me, it's still a long way from advertising.

Looking at Peter's creation, I expected that there will be something really convenient or new approach, but somehow all his code is 99% similar to Turbo Pascal 6 and its library Turbo Vision

imho, either you have to wait and see if something will become clear or Piotr is trying to return everybody to the beginning of programming era ))))

SZS: I certainly could be wrong, it was a long time ago.... - I saw this "miracle" back in 1994, we were taught Turbo Pascal for a semester at University, but then C and C++ and database management began.