Interesting to know ! - page 2

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Forex as a market does not really exist. You can only talk about VCs, in the context of a service market. In fact, the same market includes all kinds of bookmakers' offices.

I cannot claim that Forex is a market.

But, as a historical event, FOREX definitely exists.

And this event is quite interesting both from a historical and mathematical point of view.

As for the VC - it is just a "spacer" between FOREX and real traders.

And the nature of these "pads" is different for different brokerage companies.

neverness:

As for the VCs themselves - they are just "pads" between forex and real traders.

That's not true. There are no pads. A brokerage company accepts bets and settles them with clients. All this is done with the means of the brokerage company itself. There is nothing else there.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

This is wrong. There is no padding. The DC takes bets and settles them with clients. All this is done with funds from the DC itself. There is nothing else there.

This is far from always true.

If a trader works with whole lots, there are also quite real deals.

Although it's true that most of brokerage companies do not put their trades on the market.

But personally I, as a trader, do not care whether my deals are placed on the market or stay in the brokerage company.

My task is to make a proper analysis of the situation and open all positions correctly.

neverness:

1.If a trader works with whole lots, then real deals happen.

2.But personally, as a trader, I do not care whether my deals are placed on the market or remain in the DC.

1. The market does not work. In the word "no". You have a contract with a broker and only the broker. How and when the CC hedges its risks - is not our business and does not concern us.

2) This is another question. I am just talking about Forex as a non-market, but a variant of a betting network ). By the way, not at all against betting shops. My neighbour always wins there).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

1. Doesn't happen. Not at all. You have a contract with a brokerage company and only the brokerage company. How and when the broker hedges its risks - is none of our business and does not concern us.

2) This is another question. I am just talking about Forex as a non-market, but a variant of a betting network ). By the way, not at all against betting shops. My neighbour always wins there).

1. Happens. I really only have a contract with DC. But there have been situations when some traders wanted to appeal against some trades (Forex also has its mistakes). In this case we have to contact the other side of the deal. In my case this deal was with a partner from New Zealand. Of course, not necessarily this deal will be cancelled. In my case, the loss was compensated by the VC itself.

2. I would not compare DCs with bookmakers. Although they are similar in appearance, they are very different in essence. The trader's job is not to "win" a position (or bet on a player to win), but to find an order formation that will force the market to capitulate and pay out your share of the profit. An experienced trader can do this almost always, regardless of the situation in the market. In other words, an experienced and competent trader is like a pistol shooter - he makes 599 accurate shots out of 600.

neverness:

These championships do not take place for the simple reason that the results of these championships are depressing, and clearly and distinctly show us the shortcomings of all EAs without exception - their instability.

In fact, they show us the failure of the entire commercial direction of creation and implementation of Expert Advisors.

To put it simply, the results of these Championships show us that every Expert Advisor (even the best one) eventually 'fails'.

And the success of this "successful losing" depends only on the market situation, the sequence of events, and risk conditions of opening.

But to say this openly means only one thing - to kill one of the commercial areas of the Forex market.

Little Vovochka asks his father:

- "Daddy, what time of year is it? "

- "It's summer, son."

- "Why is it cold and there's snow all around?"

- "It's a shitty summer, son..."

AND WHAT ELSE IS INTERESTING AND FORBIDDEN IN THE FOREX MARKET!

Lots of things. Here I will talk a little about the scandalous issue of TRENDS.

Especially since this topic is more than relevant even today, in our everyday TRADER life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The subject of TRENDS is FORBIDDEN and DISCUSSED on all FOREX market forums in Russia for about 20 years (How is it abroad - I do not know. But I assume the same).

MT4/MT5 developers panic just at the appearance of this theme on the forum, and forum moderators instinctively reach for the buttons "DELETE" and "BAN".https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Бан_(Internet).

So what is this topic, and why are terminal developers and Moderators so afraid of it?

Let me explain popularly the essence of this subject.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably all forum participants are already tired of hearing about "behavior trends", "trend characteristics", "trend indicators" - and all sorts of "trend nonsense" with the root word "TREND".

And if we turn to Wikipedia -https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тренд, we will find nothing but idle chatter on the subject (which in turn also indicates that the subject is NOT REAL).

I think that the moderator of THIS FORUM will also contradict me, and say that there are NO DO NOTHING FORBIDDEN ON THIS THEME.

But personally, I do not believe it.

Time will tell. Let's see what happens next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally speaking, the word TREND was not invented by traders. They borrowed it from sailorshttps://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тренд_(values).

• A trend is the thickened part where the anchor spindle ends.

That is to say, a trend is the seat of varied effort.

Of course, it was not traders who invented the word TREND, but it was they who gave the word its modern sound and meaning.

What is TREND?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally speaking, any book on the behavior of the Forex market (be it Fibonacci numbers, Elliot waves, any fundamental or technical analysis of the market), one way or another, is related to the subject of TREND.

The authors can avoid this subject by all means - but this subject is present there anyway.

That is, the concept of TREND is a BASE CONCEPT of all trader`s activity (and not only - but we are not interested in it further)!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, despite this, the concept of TREND has not yet had a strict definition (I will tell you about it a bit later).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where the LEGENDARY CONFLICT between the creators of MT4 and traders arose.

What is the essence of this conflict.

At that time (around 2000 and earlier) there were no home trading terminals, and traders rode the underground to computerized dealing centres to "trade in the market".

It was both a peculiar job and a communication centre for traders, where they discussed all sorts of Forex issues (and others, of course).

Of course, central to these discussions was the subject of TRENDS. There was even a trend-followers who believed in the existence of a certain "trend formula", which unmistakably points in the direction of position opening. It is how the legend about existence of the "trader's grail" was born - an unmistakable formula for winning on the FOREX market. Of course, many traders, at that time, had their own developed programs of FOREX market data processing, their own mathematical analytics and much more. I want to note right away that the Soviet fundamental mathematical school quickly penetrated and absorbed the ideas of the FOREX market, and very quickly overtook their Western competitors. And the Western analysts in no way "quoted" in this direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it was at this time that desktop computer technology (Internet, laptops, etc.) received its unprecedented development. And it was exactly at this time that the future creators of MT4 had the idea of creating a "universal computer terminal".

The basis of this idea was the merging of traders' developments on the FOREX market analysis with the experience of dealing centres.

To tell the truth, I do not know why MT4 (and not successively MT1, MT2, MT3, etc.) appeared at once, and where all previous versions disappeared to.

But MT4 developers got solid financial support right away and very quickly MT4 terminal appeared in Alpari and then in other DTs as well.

Generally speaking, the MT4 terminal itself is very good. It doesn't compare with what we had before.

And traders should have been glad to see such a terminal.

But this did not happen!

And the reason was all the same TREND!

The concept of TREND, as such, was absent in MT4 terminal.

As a consequence, it is absent in the MT5 terminal.

And traders were very unhappy with this fact!

I will tell you why!

neverness:

Generally speaking, the MT4 terminal itself is very good. And it doesn't compare with anything that came before it.

And traders, it would seem, should have been only happy to see such a terminal.

But this did not happen!

And the reason was all the same TREND!

The concept of TREND, as such, was absent in the MT4 terminal.

As a consequence, it is absent in the MT5 terminal.

And traders were very unhappy with this fact!

I will tell you why!

Well, the trend lines are in the terminal. From every damn angle. There are different trend indicators. Why is the trend banned?)

Реter Konow:

So there are trend lines in the terminal. From whatever angle you want. There are different trend indicators. Why is a trend banned?)

You see, dear Peter Konow, trend lines and TREND are two completely different things. It's like a doll - and a HUMAN! They look alike, but they have nothing in common.

This is exactly the essence of the conflict between traders and MT4.

By the way. Try to RIGHTLY build a TREND using these trend lines, it's quite possible. It will be interesting to see how you do with this task.

neverness:

You see, dear Peter Konow, trend lines and TREND are completely different things. It's like a doll - and a MAN! They look alike, but they have nothing in common.

This is the crux of the conflict between traders and MT4.

Honestly, I didn't know there was a conflict between traders and MT4.